Question for artists or anyone about tattoo etiquette

mask0311

I was interested in this thread since have a similar situation (started tattoo, cannot get another appt with my artist). Totally sucks. I'm in the looking-for-another-artist boat, now, too.

Hawk, you're really awesome for making that offer to the OP. How incredibly generous.

• 1 year later...

I see that happen a lot. I would say you gave him ample time to finish the tattoo that he started. If he really wanted to finish it he would have! and its at a point where just about any competant tattooer could finish it without being able to tell that it wasnt the same artist!

Its pretty bad that he would run out on you to get "medicine" I can relate closely with that. The artist I apprenticed under used to do that but he called them "skittles" it got to the point he had clients waiting for a long time for their appointments because he was running behind on his previous. After he started to trust me and let me in on his addiction thats when I bailed. Im not a tattooer to be a tattooer, I do it for the love of the art and the culture. Too many people now are in it for the "Rockstar" aspect of tattooing and a lot of them get strung out on drugs and partying. Im not like that and wont put up with that!

When my shop opens up If i have anyone like that they will get the boot to the curb. I want a place where you can just get tattooed by a good respectable artist and get your stuff finished! No one should ever be walking around with an unfinished tattoo after countless times of trying to get a hold of the artist!!