Hello, tattoo camouflage?

Mcdouble85

I have a question about tattoo camouflage, i might as well ask here first to see if i can get some tips. I have two small red spots on my face, two old keloid scars, they're pretty small, the size of a pinky nail. I was thinking about trying to cover them up with tattoo camouflage. Although some places near me (los Angeles) do this, I'm wondering if your typical tattoo shop could do this or could i even try this at home? Try a spot test, maybe on my leg and then try my face? im a total noob

6 hours ago, Mcdouble85 said:

or could i even try this at home? 

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I won't even go into all the reasons why that is such an incredibly bad idea.

I wouldn't recommend tattooing your face either. Instead of two small red spots, you have to small flesh colored spots. It's really hard to match colors exactly and as you skin changes, the tattoo won't.

I've never known anyone who has had - nor have I personally researched cosmetic tattooing - but there are a lot of such shops and I'm sure some of them are very capable. Especially in L.A. 

I wouldn't recommend just going to any old tattooist for something like this - especially on your face. Try to find a serious specialty shop who can provide verified historical results - and DON'T skimp on funds. 

21 hours ago, Hogrider said:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I won't even go into all the reasons why that is such an incredibly bad idea.

I wouldn't recommend tattooing your face either. Instead of two small red spots, you have to small flesh colored spots. It's really hard to match colors exactly and as you skin changes, the tattoo won't.

someone told me i should just shop around my city for a tattoo guy that can do this, although i dont know how much skill is required for this.

33 minutes ago, Mcdouble85 said:

someone told me i should just shop around my city for a tattoo guy that can do this, although i dont know how much skill is required for this.

Your skin changes as you age; the tattoo does not. It's really just that simple. Whoever you're talking to doesn't now what they are talking about.

You asked a question, I answered it.