Hello! Aftercare Advice??

Jaynahbah

Hi team,

Hope everyone is well. 

I had a lower leg tattoo done 12 days ago and it’s quite detailed as you will see in the picture. I am in the flaking, itchiness, dryness stage as you will see but I am also seeing these random red spots appear where there seems to be scabs present. I have a few tattoos on my arms and they never did this before. I wash once a day with an unscented soap (was washing twice a day for the first week) and apply tattoo ointment around 2-3 times a day to keep it moist. 

Do I have anything to be concerned about with the healing of this tattoo, this was taken right after a shower so it looks dry but other than that I just want it to heal properly. 

Thanks in advanceE06C8682-FDC8-4C02-BE3A-D097121093B9.thumb.jpeg.98a910d12f2c2f723449981c831dcf5e.jpeg

6 hours ago, SStu said:

Those spots don't look overly angry. As long as the redness doesn't expand or get overly hot it should be ok. Don't over moisturize. Let it dry out. 

Thanks mate. I see this a lot about letting it dry out, I thought if it was too dry, it can crack? I’m putting lotion on 3 times a day

9 hours ago, Dan said:

what lotion are you using ?

I’m in Aus so I’m using a local one called Ink Remedy and Aussie Ink’d - both natural tattoo healing ointments which were designed for the whole healing stage of tattoo’s. I’ve just bought some Aveeno Moisturizing lotion however to potentially switch to.

5 hours ago, Jaynahbah said:

I’m in Aus so I’m using a local one called Ink Remedy and Aussie Ink’d - both natural tattoo healing ointments which were designed for the whole healing stage of tattoo’s. I’ve just bought some Aveeno Moisturizing lotion however to potentially switch to.

perfect ! I always recommend and use Aveeno !  I am not a fan of trendy lotions and whatever, I use Palmers cocoa butter for the first week or 2( very very lightly) then switch to Aveeno.

Edited by Dan