Looking for best artist New Jersey for japanese work

flipit

Hey whats good all trying to get some insight on what artists would be great in the state of NJ to do Japanese scale work on my arms I have lot's of covering up to do also I tried getting in contact with Chris Adamek but he never returns my emails.

Do you guys think Matt Lukesh would be a good artist? Any recommendation would be thankful.

You should call the shop to see if you can get a consultation with Chris.I'm pretty sure he's booked up for a few month's.Or just go to the shop,and see if you can talk with him briefly.Matt does real nice work,but his style is more along the lines of realistic color/biomechanical/organic.I wouldn't go to him for japanese work.

Rich Cahill Studio - RichCahill.com is really good with asian work.He did a beautiful koi fish sleeve on a friend of mine a few years ago.Another guy in N.Jersey who is good with his own style of japanese work is Jeremy@ SCREAMIN INK TATTOOS And another Jeremy@ Revolver Tattoo is real good with traditional japanese work.Mike & Tom @ Electric tattoo Tom's style is more asian influenced.

Kevin Leblanc!!

I was at the shop in Jersey where kevin works yesterday,and asked how long he's booked.The counter guy said he's taking appointments in September for January.

And he also just started working in NYC at Kings Avenue two day's a week.Your probably going to have to wait longer between appointments with him because he's booked for so long,and only works at the shop in Jersey probably three day's a week.

You should call the shop to see if you can get a consultation with Chris.I'm pretty sure he's booked up for a few month's.Or just go to the shop,and see if you can talk with him briefly.Matt does real nice work,but his style is more along the lines of realistic color/biomechanical/organic.I wouldn't go to him for japanese work.

Rich Cahill Studio - RichCahill.com is really good with asian work.He did a beautiful koi fish sleeve on a friend of mine a few years ago.Another guy in N.Jersey who is good with his own style of japanese work is Jeremy@ SCREAMIN INK TATTOOS And another Jeremy@ Revolver Tattoo is real good with traditional japanese work.Mike & Tom @ Electric tattoo Tom's style is more asian influenced.

I knew bigjoe was going to be the first to respond to this thread! hes made some really awesome reccomendations!

Yep BigJoe is always full of some damn good referrals. I love it cause I get to learn about and see some good new-to-me tattooers and tattoos!

Yeah,since I'm laid off from the job i have plenty of time to sit at the computer and jump on new post when they come up.I know i'm pretty quick.Sorry for hogging up the boards.But Chris Adamek is one of my favorite tattooers in Jersey.A real low key guy,but his work is beautiful.Take a look at his flickr page.

Chris Adamek Tattoo

I went to Immortal Ink personally drove about 1 hour to see Chris and was told he was doing someone and couldn't speak to him so I left my number, and name with the clerk and was told he would contact me in about a week it has been nearly 2 months since then.

I went to Immortal Ink personally drove about 1 hour to see Chris and was told he was doing someone and couldn't speak to him so I left my number, and name with the clerk and was told he would contact me in about a week it has been nearly 2 months since then.

Maybe he's just to busy.Or maybe it's his way of saying he's not interested.There's to many good tattooers out there to get caught up in one guy.There's so many excellent tattooers in NYC with japanese work,your sure to find someone who's work you like.

I ended out going to Jeremy, went to the shop but he was inking someone we spoke briefly. I looked at his portfolio, and he got some sick shit! I was very impressed with his work. I appreciate your advice, thanks Joe. We still need to talk I, and Jeremy. I sent him some pictures of what kind of story (theme) I want to get as my sleeve. I will let him be creative and see what he can come up with.

I ended out going to Jeremy, went to the shop but he was inking someone we spoke briefly. I looked at his portfolio, and he got some sick shit! I was very impressed with his work. I appreciate your advice, thanks Joe. We still need to talk I, and Jeremy. I sent him some pictures of what kind of story (theme) I want to get as my sleeve. I will let him be creative and see what he can come up with.

That's cool..I like the way he does his own version of japanese work..Let us know how the consultation goes.