Happy Christmas

AtomicMagpye

Hello - and Happy Christmas all - 

Not been contributing much due to lockdown/shutdown/eiderdown....

Had a couple of tattoos recently but all are stick and poke and not relevant to this site  - 

in any case....   Peace and Goodwill and here are my 12 things of Christmas...........

i)  They all do that

ii) Totally normal

iii) Not finished healing

iv) Not a blowout

v) A blowout

vi) A blowout a blowout a blowout - if you say it enough it becomes really weird....

vii) Stop covering it in stuff

viii) Stop covering it in other stuff

ix) No really stop covering it in stuff

x) Blimey - that looks odd

xi) No - its great but you really need to address your underlying anxiety issues

and my own contribution - 

xii) all ink is cool - change my mind.

R

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, AtomicMagpye said:

Hello - and Happy Christmas all - 

Not been contributing much due to lockdown/shutdown/eiderdown....

Had a couple of tattoos recently but all are stick and poke and not relevant to this site  - 

in any case....   Peace and Goodwill and here are my 12 things of Christmas...........

i)  They all do that

ii) Totally normal

iii) Not finished healing

iv) Not a blowout

v) A blowout

vi) A blowout a blowout a blowout - if you say it enough it becomes really weird....

vii) Stop covering it in stuff

viii) Stop covering it in other stuff

ix) No really stop covering it in stuff

x) Blimey - that looks odd

xi) No - its great but you really need to address your underlying anxiety issues

and my own contribution - 

xii) all ink is cool - change my mind.

R

Hi @AtomicMagpye! interesting lyrics there from last month!

So how do you compare stick and poke with the usual tattoo machine method?

5 minutes ago, AtomicMagpye said:

Hello there - I have one professionally done stick and poke from Habba Nero at the Brighton tattoo convention - it was pretty much pain free and healed almost immediately - it was also pretty amazing how quickly it was done - almost as fast as a machine I reckon.

I have several not professionally done (at least not in the traditional sense) - my wife is an accomplished artist and I can sometimes persuade her to put on some gloves, pick up a 9RL and give it a go 🙂 - she doesn't like tattooing though as it is a long process.....Ive attached a photo of the pro one and one of the ones done at home during the lockdown.

IMG_20200509_125902.jpg

IMG_20200511_184703.jpg

@AtomicMagpyeThanks! I must confess I can hardly tell the difference between the end results of the two methods...

Seems like your wife is accomplished; does she dislike stick and poke tattoos, period? or is it just the tattoo artistry that she prefers not to do it too much?

Edited by onlyme

1 minute ago, AtomicMagpye said:

Hello again - I should have made it clear - she is not a tattoo artist - she does watercolours and other stuff and is very good at those things....

I hope she likes tattoos - I have a couple 🙂

@AtomicMagpyeSounds like she is indeed very accomplished.

Tattoos used to be overwhelmingly such a man thing, years ago; but not any more; although there are some women - even with a lot of artistic flair - who still prefer to be 'cleanskins'.