New to LST - seeking chest piece advice

ezh

Hi!

I’m Erica.  New to the forum, sought out a community like this because I’m laying in bed having a little bit of an anxiety attack.  I just added onto my chest piece, having asked my artist to extend it to cover the armpit chub area.  

Not sure if I’m just having that new tattoo immediate regret or if my concerns are actually valid.  I’d love a second opinion and potentially some advice 🤞 I know I’m asking a lot in my very first post but I’d really appreciate it!

I’m stressing because it has a splotchy, dalmation-y feel to it, not really connected together.  Definitely going to let it heal and settle in before making any moves, but does anyone know of a way this can look more like 1 cohesive piece? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

A1E92910-606B-43B6-BE45-BF2D5BFA54E6.jpeg

DF095F71-4F26-4444-8BCE-CE4A2C7058D6.jpeg

BD6AF5D5-D2C8-44E5-A4AE-124A308AF8EF.jpeg

Edited by ezh
More specific title

53 minutes ago, Syntheticfish said:

I think it looks pretty and it will heal fine.  Once it heals and the ink settles it will always look newer than the original, but it looks like they did a good job matching the style of the leaves.  Let it heal... I don't think it would look as good if you tried to connect it now.

Definitely will let it heal and will reassess once the ink colors start to match better as the new ink settles in.  Thank you for the reassurance and your reply!

Hi, my name is Luci. I'm also new to the forum, so I hope I'm replying to this correctly lol. I see what you mean about it looking less connected than the original, and I agree obviously that you need to wait until it's healed before you can do anything. However, I think that the new part looks fine as is.

I have sort of a similar issue with my stomach tattoo; there's a part that's on my sternum that's not really attached to anything else, and I've thought about adding just a little something to bridge the gap. I haven't yet decided that it's worth it to fix such a minor detail, especially since that artist was unwilling to consider building off of it. 

So my advice is, wait 'til it's healed, you might see it differently by then. If you decide to make changes, communicate with the artist to see if they'd be willing to make them, and play around with different ways to tie everything together. Maybe soft geometric shapes, maybe like a vine winding through or even a snake? Idk it's one of those things that we notice that nobody else is really going to criticize unless we bring it up. Good luck.

This tattoo looks well done and you can tell that it's all part of the same piece, so try to rest easy. You were able to make progress in the direction that you wanted to go with it, and if you later decide to make it more cohesive, you can always make adjustments later.  

On 12/22/2020 at 11:28 PM, ezh said:

Hi!

I’m Erica.  New to the forum, sought out a community like this because I’m laying in bed having a little bit of an anxiety attack.  I just added onto my chest piece, having asked my artist to extend it to cover the armpit chub area.  

Not sure if I’m just having that new tattoo immediate regret or if my concerns are actually valid.  I’d love a second opinion and potentially some advice 🤞 I know I’m asking a lot in my very first post but I’d really appreciate it!

I’m stressing because it has a splotchy, dalmation-y feel to it, not really connected together.  Definitely going to let it heal and settle in before making any moves, but does anyone know of a way this can look more like 1 cohesive piece? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

A1E92910-606B-43B6-BE45-BF2D5BFA54E6.jpeg

DF095F71-4F26-4444-8BCE-CE4A2C7058D6.jpeg

BD6AF5D5-D2C8-44E5-A4AE-124A308AF8EF.jpeg

On 12/23/2020 at 11:28 AM, Hygge. said:

I think once it heals it will merge into the older piece 🙂 it looks great! It's probably that """regret""" that we sometimes have after getting tattooed!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Thank you!! Having another opinion is a huge relief, I appreciate your time!

On 12/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, Double0hsnap said:

Hi, my name is Luci. I'm also new to the forum, so I hope I'm replying to this correctly lol. I see what you mean about it looking less connected than the original, and I agree obviously that you need to wait until it's healed before you can do anything. However, I think that the new part looks fine as is.

I have sort of a similar issue with my stomach tattoo; there's a part that's on my sternum that's not really attached to anything else, and I've thought about adding just a little something to bridge the gap. I haven't yet decided that it's worth it to fix such a minor detail, especially since that artist was unwilling to consider building off of it. 

So my advice is, wait 'til it's healed, you might see it differently by then. If you decide to make changes, communicate with the artist to see if they'd be willing to make them, and play around with different ways to tie everything together. Maybe soft geometric shapes, maybe like a vine winding through or even a snake? Idk it's one of those things that we notice that nobody else is really going to criticize unless we bring it up. Good luck.

This tattoo looks well done and you can tell that it's all part of the same piece, so try to rest easy. You were able to make progress in the direction that you wanted to go with it, and if you later decide to make it more cohesive, you can always make adjustments later.  

Your response means so much during my time of stress!! Thank you for the reassurance and for understanding my perspective 😊

• 4 weeks later...