My wife - The Apprentice

Bubbleberry

So my wife has been working away as an apprentice to a well known local artist who has been in the business about 30 years. She did her first tattoo yesterday, and while many who have been in the industry for years may not think much, it it impresses the hell out of me... I have to say that she had only two hours due to time restraints so she will be doing more work to the same piece, but for a start I think its great...

looks pretty decent for the first one ever... wayyyyy better than the couple i've done (i'm not actually trying to be a tattooer though, just did them for fun/partying)

i am a big believer in apprentices starting out with really small shit that they can get done at once though... i guess it's up to the teacher though what the apprentice can handle

i am a big believer in apprentices starting out with really small shit that they can get done at once though... i guess it's up to the teacher though what the apprentice can handle

I agree totally, and he said that it should be a small piece that can be done in within two hours, but the image choice was my fault. My wife is also really slow by nature, she is so laid back, in a positive way, so she takes her time with everything, checking and re checking. But hey, she is learning to do something she loves, and to see her so excited to finally use a tattoo machine was cool.

Yep, the tattoo is on my leg. And new week there will be another one... he does not mind her tattooing me, saying that fake skin is crap. I gotta be honest, I really had a hard time choosing what I wanted as I needed something easy for her but that I liked. I guess I wanted my arms finished and had forgot about the legs.

It hurt bad in places, especially round the shin as has he kept telling her to push the needle in deeper and deeper..she was holding back trying not to hurt me, he kept telling her to be firmer, I kept squirming in my seat... And off we go again...

Poor girl was a nervous wreck at the end of it and I was GRUMPY !

He is a friend so he wants to see her do well, but he also does not want anyone else being harmed as she learns. He will not let her get a machine, or any other equipment, he made her promise that she only tattoos under his guidance etc etc.

As for the $50.00, as soon as he says she is allowed one it will be our first purchase. I am not sure who is more excited about her carrer path, me or her.