Tattoo Machine Secrets

I could understand if I asked for a review on a $10 tattoo gun from china or a dodgy how to tattoo guide.

please realize that this is EXACTLY what you did. you asked for a review of a dodgy how to dvd. if your wife isn't learning about tattooing from a DVD, why would you expect anyone else on here that's worth a damn to have not done the same as her?

I play guitar and this is the reaction people get when they post on the guitar boards I frequent and ask about Guitar Hero or Rockband or those "Become a Guitar God in a Week" dvds...Most of those people get it after the first negative response...just sayin.

For an encore you could review Tattoo machines and their secrets -the book !!! Its a Complete bargain basement steal at £100.00 from the Godoys .

£100 ??? I am not sure I can afford it... ebay has a great kit for £90, with 6 guns, ink, needles, the whole shabang.

Which should I choose?

If you are not going to tattoo why are you asking the questions?

I thought of also mentioning some of the great machine builders -- but why even share that info?

Pearls before swine!

A/ Did you read the posts before posting?

B/ I know who the great machine builders, or at least a lot of them.

C/ Do I have to use something to enjoy the workings, the design, the feel?

C/ Do I have to use something to enjoy the workings, the design, the feel?

Yes.

A motorcycle is just a seat set upon steel and rubber if you never ride it.

I shudder to imagine a non-tattoo artist owning a tattoo machine or any sort of specs related to them.

I did not wake up this morning and think " lets go piss someone off", in fact the opposite - I had a question and thought that the people on LST would be cool enough to advise me.

Please do not generalize this forum and try to play off your ignorance as other people's malice.

There has been some very productive advice in this thread. I just don't think you want to hear it or else you would have already shut up by now and went about learning things the proper way.

Your statement that "tattooing can look after itself, it was here long before you or I, it will be here long after, and it needs neither of us to survive" is downright disgraceful and you should be ashamed for having such an apathetic attitude.

Hit up my friend Cory Rogers...he sells machines to TATTOOERS ONLY.

Machines, Inks, and trade secrets are you guess it. FOR TATTOOERS ONLY.

TATTOOERS ONLY

p.s. don't expect to learn how to build machines just because your wife is trying to learn a half ass apprenticeship.

Listen fuck wit, if you had bothered to read the thread you would see that I have no interest in building tattoo machines.

p.s. grow up

• 5 years later...
On 07.07.2011 at 8:58 PM, Stewart Robson said:

Tuning and building tattoo machines is totally easy. Anybody can do it.

I have a drawer full of machines and every singe one of them was made or tuned by someone who did it according to a manual, on their day off from a real job.

I learned everything I know (tattooing and otherwise) from a dvd too.

I want to became a professional tattoo artist. Now I`m learning tattooing. That`s cool idea to learning from a dvd!) thanks) How do you think, which tattoo machine is good for beginner?  Should I buy professional kit (like this one ) or better start working with simple tattoo machine?

1 hour ago, CatNYC said:

I want to became a professional tattoo artist. Now I`m learning tattooing. That`s cool idea to learning from a dvd!) thanks) How do you think, which tattoo machine is good for beginner?  Should I buy professional kit (like this one ) or better start working with simple tattoo machine?

marijuana-leaf.jpg

donkey.jpg

Even if you're trying to help your wife, it isn't really going to be welcomed by anyone because you're not involved in tattooing.  And no, getting a lot of tattoos and hanging out at shops doesn't mean you're involved. It makes you as involved in tattooing as it makes someone who hangs out at comic book stores an artist. Yes, there's propensity for the change to happen, but it isn't an automatic in.

If you really, truly, honestly want to learn you need to ask people in person. There are far, far too many nuances to be explained in a single book or DVD.

On August 2, 2016 at 3:50 PM, CatNYC said:

Start with this:

jack%20hammer_zpsjitx7zng.jpg