wifes new tattoo - pink/green fairy/fantasy

Bubbleberry

So my wife has "decided" that she wants a large pink/green fairy/fantasy piece that covers her whole upper leg. Anybody any thoughts, suggestions, advice or reference's?

This is her first large tattoo... I think its to much.. but I am also a lot more worried about her parents than she is?

So my wife has "decided" that she wants a large pink/green fairy/fantasy piece that covers her whole upper leg. Anybody any thoughts, suggestions, advice or reference's?

This is her first large tattoo... I think its to much.. but I am also a lot more worried about her parents than she is?

I'm assuming this is your same wife who you posted about apprenticing in another thread.

You'd think her parents would be more bothered about her career change than getting some tattoos on her legs.

And I mean really- what's the worst they're going to do? Give you the cold shoulder because she got a tattoo? Fuck em.

You know this site is an open forum, where I believe people come to discuss tattooing. That's what I am trying to do. I have a subscription to tattoo life, where I can see thousands of tattoos on-line, I visit lots of forums, I have been hanging out in tattoo shops for 30 years and have access to thousands of publications.

My question asked if anyone had thoughts, suggestions etc, if they thought a full leg was too much.

I ran a design agency for a long time, I know how to use the internet.

I simply wanted to discuss the pros and cons of such a tattoo but as usual you all jump on without reading or trying to understand the question.

If you do not want to contribute something useful ignore my thread.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DISCUSS TATTOOS GO JOIN ANOTHER FORUM

LOL this guy....needs to get banned. 1st asking about tattoo machine secrets, his wife is an apprentice, and doesn't know how to get reference or use this site/internet for reference. MAN you got me laughing so hard over here. Please quit the internet.

Man I was using the internet when you were still a suckling on your mama !

if you've been around tattoo shops for 30 years i have some questions for you

why is your wife doing an apprenticeship now? apprenticeships are for the young. if you're already 50 you're a little to late for getting into the tattoo game.

if you've been in the tattoo game for 30 how come you've barely got any tattoos? you said in another post you've put tons of money into tattooing yet when you posted the tattoo your wife did on you there is nothing else anywhere near it.

no one gives a fuck that you read a tattoo magazine, anyone can do that. just because you look at pictures doesn't mean you know ANYTHING.

you are the same person who said opening a shop in a very small town that already has a very reputable shop it ok because it will "generate industry", if you've been around 30 years you'll know there's already industry in the tattoo world.

asking the people on a tattoo forum if a full leg piece on someone who's going to become a tattooer is just dumb. OBVIOUSLY we are all going to say yes go for it because pretty much everyone on here is already or on they're way to the full body look.

did you ever think that maybe the reason EVERYONE on here is jumping all over isn't because they didn't read your post properly it's because you're asking stupid and offensive questions

also if you've been around for 30 years getting tattoos, then you must be at LEAST 45, why would someone who's a grown ass adult be worried about their parents getting mad at a tattoo.......

ok and they're called PANTS. perfect tattoo cover up

it doesn't seem to me like you want to talk about tattoos anyway, all you seem to want to talk about is how your wife is an apprentice.

also if you've been around for 30 years getting tattoos, then you must be at LEAST 45.

40 years old, first tattoo at 14, first tattoo in a studio at 16, been around tattoos my whole life. So far I have about 50 hours worth of tattoos,none of which I love but hey, its part of the journey. My wife has just the one, and the reference to her parents... well they blame me for corrupting he (neither of us drink or smoke so its not like she is going crazy ) and refuse to speak to me, so I would like to resolve that situation and her getting a huge leg piece is not going to make them happy.

My defensive tone in the forum would no doubt indicates that I care deeply what other people think of me, and I guess that carries into my relationship with her parents. If I cared less, I guess, I would care less.

So she wants something like the attached, and she asked my advice. Not being a girl, not knowing how a large tattoo like this effects females in every day life, not knowing how older females feel about their tattoos in years to come I have no idea what to say. My personal opinion is that its a huge piece, that will take hours of work. I also sort of feel that she should start on her arms, perhaps getting something smaller to begin with, but it not my decision, so I am asking for advice.

If that is what she wants I say "let" her have at it. "Let" is not an accurate linguistical word but bottom line it is not your say. I think it is a great idea for her to go after a large tattoo by a good tattooer since after all she is going after a career in tattooing!

Here are some threads you may want to read:

Feminism & Tattoos

Tattooers with little to no tattoos

Dropping the Bomb, how your parents found out about your first tattoo!

If that is what she wants I say "let" her have at it. "Let" is not an accurate linguistical word but bottom line it is not your say. I think it is a great idea for her to go after a large tattoo by a good tattooer since after all she is going after a career in tattooing!

Here are some threads you may want to read:

Feminism & Tattoos

Tattooers with little to no tattoos

Dropping the Bomb, how your parents found out about your first tattoo!

Thanks Lochlan, that thread on Feminism and Tattoos is perfect. As you say its her choice, but hopefully she can make an informed one. I never for a second thought that women with tattoos get more hassle, but as that thread points out, unfortunately they do.