Hello :) & question ...?

RachelM

Hello everyone, so I've just joined because I haven't really seen an active forum on tattoing before and it's kinda hard to find good advice when you need it.

So I live in QLD, Australia and I got a few new tattoos done about 5 days ago. I woke up this morning and found one of them had peeled half of its scab off. (I think it might’ve rubbed under my pillow while I was asleep.)

Just wondering peoples opinions if it will still heal fine or will it need a touch up ? I'm thinking it will be fine but I have a tendency to get paranoid with things like this 😅

20210203_113924.jpg

28 minutes ago, RachelM said:

Hello everyone, so I've just joined because I haven't really seen an active forum on tattoing before and it's kinda hard to find good advice when you need it.

So I live in QLD, Australia and I got a few new tattoos done about 5 days ago. I woke up this morning and found one of them had peeled half of its scab off. (I think it might’ve rubbed under my pillow while I was asleep.)

Just wondering peoples opinions if it will still heal fine or will it need a touch up ? I'm thinking it will be fine but I have a tendency to get paranoid with things like this 😅

20210203_113924.jpg

Hi @RachelM, If it was done only 5 days ago, it may take some weeks more for the dermis to heal and the ink to settle.

Maybe it's in recent years that you have gotten into being tattooed. No need to worry at all for the moment.

I do think that simple black lines are effective.

Edited by onlyme

6 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Hi @RachelM, If it was done only 5 days ago, it may take some weeks more for the dermis to heal and the ink to settle.

Maybe it's in recently years that you have gotten into being tattooed. No need to worry at all for the moment.

I do think that simple black lines are effective.

I've actually been getting tattooed for over 10 years now lol my oldest one badly needs a touch up. 

I think I might just be looking at it too closely as it's on my finger and I'm continually seeing it. 

4 minutes ago, RachelM said:

I've actually been getting tattooed for over 10 years now lol my oldest one badly needs a touch up. 

I think I might just be looking at it too closely as it's on my finger and I'm continually seeing it. 

@RachelM Well, then you're kind of already on the way to being a tattooed veteran. (These days, of course, ppl do tend to start getting inked up from around 18 onwards.) 10 years and 5 days are kind of very different; 10 years: you know already what the situation is for a badly needed touch up; 5 days, though: best to wait a while and see how it all settles.

I know what you mean about having deliberately chosen such an in your face placement as a tattooed person that is constantly reminded of your inking. 5 days ago you clearly knew what you wanted and it's now there in your face, so to speak.

(If you're in QLD, I reckon the Gold Coast would be particularly well endowed with tattoo studios.)