oops! i think i fixed the privacy issue, sorry. the skinny oldtimer with the creepy mustache is tats thomas, the guy who looks like a bulldog is ralph johnstone. the guy in the last photo standing next to tats is iwojima eddie.

And Mario breaks the ice with the ante high for quality. Was this all done on your iphone (filming and editing)? Makes me want to book a trip to Chicago Tattoo Company!

mario sweet video man thanks for putting that shit up. you need to make one of nick and just sample him yelling" jackoff "a bunch of times to some sweet beats. haha seriously thanks i just figured out how to put pictures up on my own site.....yeah what the fuck...now making a video on my phone that may be out of my reach..the whole shop is going to vegas on monday im sure there will be some great and not so great things happening and i am going to bring my video camera.....god help us all. oh whats that music? rules.

oops! i think i fixed the privacy issue, sorry. the skinny oldtimer with the creepy mustache is tats thomas, the guy who looks like a bulldog is ralph johnstone. the guy in the last photo standing next to tats is iwojima eddie.

There's something really cool about that Ralph Johnstone photo.. can't put my finger on it. It's like a crime scene photo or something.

• 2 weeks later...
grow a beard and bam! you be one.

Ah crap...then i'll never be a real tattooer : *( I cant grow a beard : (((((

hahah i like watching the shows, but it definitely gives people the impression that we are super duper rockstars livin up in a crazy condo with tons of cash writing in my journal in the office with fucking feather fountain pens and melted candles all over the place and calling shop meetings to announce that my cat died.......well........actually...they got it dead on! Good work The Learning Channel!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so it was one evening and i was sitting watching a new show that i PVR'd called Oddities on the Discovery Channel. anyone heard of it or watched it??

well its about 20 minutes into the episode and this guy shows up in the shop to sell his wax anatomy figure and right away i recognize the guy and im 90% sure that its Bailey Hunter Robinson. so i looked online and found ablog that did indeed confirm that it was him on the show. i was very surprised at myself for recognizing him because i usually do not catch those things. they go right over my head! i've only ever seen him on the True Love videos.

well before i was set to write this entry i wanted to find the episode online and include a link but i checked all of my sources and i couldn't even find one clip!

so just in case someone else is interested in watching this clip look for Oddities: episode 4 Skull Envy maybe if you live in the states it might be easier to find a playable clip!

A shop opened up in Dublin a couple of years ago called 'Dublin Ink'. At the time there was a mini-blizzard of threads online in Irish forums about a reality TV show that was going to coincide (of the same name, obviously).

Far as I know it came to nothing... I wonder whether it was a ploy to drum up publicity?

There open, there logo has stolen Chris Conn flash in it and their website has stolen Ed Hardy flash on it. The whole thing is a joke especially when despite stealing those images they tell all their customers traditional is dated and colour realism is where it's at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkGcxijYq5k

Ugh, I tried to watch the whole thing, but now I just wish I had my original three minutes and fifty two seconds back. Gross- get it off of me. And why does a stencil need to dry for at leat 20 minutes?

• 3 weeks later...