No thread about this bullshit yet?

Perez

This machine kills fascists

Well, for Pete's sake, stop pointing it at me then.

Now, I know this forum is completely hostile to these self-proclaimed tattoo schools. For good reason in many cases, I might add. They all seem to be 5000 dollar con jobs.

Is there any place that anybody here thinks is legitimate? Would you always be opposed to any sort of schooling specifically related to tattooing that had people using tattoo machines on people?

Ditto.

But I have to add. I have no say as to how someone chooses a career path. Whatever gets you to where you wanna go is fine by me. I think most tattoo artists have very interesting beginnings as to how they got in the trade. But it is a trade/craft, something that has to learned, and practiced, and studied. It isn't a two-week process, and god forbid some knot-on-a-log gets his 99 dollar "tat-gun" off Amazon and starts messing up his friends using skills he learned from the goddamn television.

I love this quote:

Anybody who volunteers to get a tattoo from a student with a week of training on a reality show deserves to be etched with a jittery-looking dolphin for life.

At least... gotta be desperate if that's how you choose to get your ink fix. My shop has an apprentice... no way he's coming near me for at least 2 years.

CG

Is there any place that anybody here thinks is legitimate? Would you always be opposed to any sort of schooling specifically related to tattooing that had people using tattoo machines on people?

I'm w @irezumi here, no to the first, yes to the second. They're charging piles of money to give eager suckers just enough "information" to make a mess, harm people and pump up their egos as "qualified tattoo artists". Add to that misinforming eventual clients about the value of a piece of paper handed out after a few weeks playing "tattooist" vs a hard earned apprenticeship under a qualified mentor who is vetting people for the good of the industry.

There is a tradition and a method in place because it works. These types of establishments do not serve tattooing and they do not serve the "student"...they do however tend to $erve the people running them.