Rotary pens losing consistency? Please Help!

BrandenVee

Shalom my fellow artists! 

So here's the deal, I picked up the Dragonhawk mast pen kit. No complaints! A great little kit for the price and it was working great for lining/shading; I was making good progress with my techniques - I realize that a lot of the Amazon kits are lower quality but it's a good place to start as a new tattoo artist before investing thousands into the top tier equipment. After a few weeks, out of nowhere the needle speed seems to have lost consistency. When running a liner at an 8 for example it should be going so quickly that you constantly see the needle tip, now I can visibly see the needle bobbing up and down in and out of the cartridge. This is SO frustrating. I actually just bought a new rotary pen (Hawkink black corn) and power supply, similar price range to the Dragonhawk kit and right off the bat I am seeing the same thing yet again.  

Does anyone know what is the missing link here?
I live with my family so I was thinking maybe too many electrical items were going at once yet it seems to do this in various rooms in the house. 

Thank you so much for the help out there! Stay happy and safe! 😃
-Branden
Edited by BrandenVee

On 4/6/2021 at 8:56 PM, BrandenVee said:
Shalom my fellow artists! 

So here's the deal, I picked up the Dragonhawk mast pen kit. No complaints! A great little kit for the price and it was working great for lining/shading; I was making good progress with my techniques - I realize that a lot of the Amazon kits are lower quality but it's a good place to start as a new tattoo artist before investing thousands into the top tier equipment. After a few weeks, out of nowhere the needle speed seems to have lost consistency. When running a liner at an 8 for example it should be going so quickly that you constantly see the needle tip, now I can visibly see the needle bobbing up and down in and out of the cartridge. This is SO frustrating. I actually just bought a new rotary pen (Hawkink black corn) and power supply, similar price range to the Dragonhawk kit and right off the bat I am seeing the same thing yet again.  

Does anyone know what is the missing link here?
I live with my family so I was thinking maybe too many electrical items were going at once yet it seems to do this in various rooms in the house. 

Thank you so much for the help out there! Stay happy and safe! 😃
-Branden

if you buy cheap shit , you get what you pay for,