Possible allergy to white ink??

Pinkcupcakes32

I got my first tattoo on my back about 3 weeks ago. The tattoo looks great and seemed to be healing well. Part of it was done with white ink (yes, the artist told me how it fades quickly) and the rest was done in black. It is unfinished right now and I go back in June to have more white and some purple added to it. The issue is that the white portion has turned itchy and I think I may be allergic. It’s slightly raised and a little red around the white ink, and it itches. It isn’t unbearable, but definitely bothersome. If it is an allergy will it go away? If so how long? And should I worry about having the tattoo finished with white? These fairies are from a video game so one of them HAS to be white. There’s no other color I can change it to 😞 I will add two pictures. The one of the full tattoo was right after it was done. The other picture was taken last night of the white ink. Sorry for the bad pic but it’s on my back so that’s the best I could get on my own. Thanks in advance for any advice.

D6C20E85-773C-4AB5-A30B-B863AEFA05C3.jpeg

9DDA0244-C3D2-4DE0-9E5A-89EA15570424.jpeg

5 hours ago, SStu said:

That's weird. Have you shown it to the artist?

Not yet. I plan to call him on Sunday when I’m off work if it hasn’t improved before then. I did put some antihistamine cream on it and it seems to be getting better though. If it is an allergy, it seems to be very mild and more of an annoyance than anything