Jump to content
Asthma Inhaler Jim

Hi im new to the forum this is my first post

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi im new to the forum. i have three tattoos i got from the same shop. not all of mine are that great. heres how my experiences have been so far... 

 

first tattoo - a person i knew died and i got their name on my arm. it came out good. the only thing i sort of wish i did differently was not get the entire name in capital letters but that doesnt really bother me. 

second tattoo - got another lettering tattoo on my right wrist in dark blue ink. the placement didnt come out as straight as i wanted it but i kind of blame myself for misjudging the stencil and being worried i was going to bother the tattoo artist if i asked to keep re applying it. also i didnt find out until after my third tattoo that i shouldnt have gotten it facing me. 

third tattoo - i got some album artwork on my left wrist that is pretty much made up of 4 squares that form a braille letter R. i got it done by the same guy that did my second tattoo. one of the squares is slightly mishapen and not exactly uniform with the others. also i didnt find out about correct tatttoo orientation until after i got this one. so again i got a second tattoo facing me instead of the other way around. 

 

im quite annoyed i got my wrist tattoos facing me instead of the other way around. i doubt ill get laser treatment, and probably wont cover them up unless i can think of something i really want. Im planning on getting a fourth tattoo soon though. hopefully that one goes good. 

Just wanted to give a quick introduction to myself and my experiences with getting tattooed. looking forward to learning more on the forum. 🙂

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find  new shop. Simple tattoos are the hardest because there is no room for error. The shop has screwed up twice, don't give them a third chance.

My wife has a tattoo on her inner forearm that faces her. There is no law about placement. Place it where you want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hogrider said:

My wife has a tattoo on her inner forearm that faces her. There is no law about placement. Place it where you want it.

 

Are you sure there is no rule about placement? it seems like theres a lot of stuff on the internet that says that if its facing you than its considered upside down. Can others comment on this? 

 

11 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Find  new shop. Simple tattoos are the hardest because there is no room for error. The shop has screwed up twice, don't give them a third chance.

 

I was thinking of getting the guy who gave me my first tattoo to do my next one. Hes been tattoing for 15 years. the guy who gave me my last two that didnt come out exactly right has only been tattoing for two. do you think this is a bad idea? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

 

Are you sure there is no rule about placement? it seems like theres a lot of stuff on the internet that says that if its facing you than its considered upside down. Can others comment on this? 

 

 

I was thinking of getting the guy who gave me my first tattoo to do my next one. Hes been tattoing for 15 years. the guy who gave me my last two that didnt come out exactly right has only been tattoing for two. do you think this is a bad idea? 

There is tradition, but this isn't the SATs; get it where you want, facing where you want.

As to your other question, post a pic. I can't make a recommendation on an artist whose work I haven't seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hogrider said:

As to your other question, post a pic. I can't make a recommendation on an artist whose work I haven't seen.

here is what id like to get but without the red or yellow381530678_pwdimage.jpg.e0106cf4568afd23aa258e5f3ac0393f.jpg

sort of like this 1849289692_nocolorwaddle.jpg.94bf9226558f2aa08caa410112479778.jpg

 

here are a few cartoon type tattoos done by the artist i was thinking about using. 

1102970965_saultattoos.thumb.jpg.6a5735412251b46dbeadcaf7fa0f6940.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

here is what id like to get but without the red or yellow381530678_pwdimage.jpg.e0106cf4568afd23aa258e5f3ac0393f.jpg

sort of like this 1849289692_nocolorwaddle.jpg.94bf9226558f2aa08caa410112479778.jpg

 

here are a few cartoon type tattoos done by the artist i was thinking about using. 

1102970965_saultattoos.thumb.jpg.6a5735412251b46dbeadcaf7fa0f6940.jpg

Forget about the color cartoons for comparison if you're just getting plain lines. If you look at the line drawings, they aren't bad, but there are more than a few shaky lines. Plain lines are the hardest to do because there is no room for error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Forget about the color cartoons for comparison if you're just getting plain lines. If you look at the line drawings, they aren't bad, but there are more than a few shaky lines. Plain lines are the hardest to do because there is no room for error.

 

do you think you can point out where the shaky lines are in the picture i posted? and maybe post pictures of tattoos where the plain lines are cleaner quality? 

also i was wondering is plain lines the name of the style of that type of tattoo? if i was looking for a tattoo artist who specialized in that type of style what would it be called? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That unicorn is ok, but there is little that is smooth about that Pikachu. 

A lot also depends on how small it's going to be. 

If there is a style for a basic line drawing I'm not aware.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...