Instagram

Ursula

The explore tab on Instagram is pretty gnarly. I have discovered a bunch of rad tattooers on there.

it's either run by...

a) the devil's spawn, determined to keep me burning my precious time scrolling thru my phone whilst getting carpal tunnel, neck pain and ruining my eyesight

b) an angel who knows exactly what kind of pretty pictures i like to look at

c) some genius programmer mixture of a) and b).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't post anything to Instagram but I follow a shit ton of tattooers. Lately, @BrightandBold and @Americanatattoos have been hosting the most awesome 'takeovers' by some veteran tattoo artists that have shared some fascinating history and insight. I'm not a tattooer, just an enthusiast. I would highly recommend following these pages if you are into tattoo history. I've also been introduced to some amazing artists I would never have heard of otherwise. Check them out.

Mine is @graybones, nothing too exciting but follow if you want!

I recently started following @yellowbeakpress, they post a lot of interesting vintage or vintage-style tattoo photos and flash.

Completely unrelated to tattoos, but my all-time favorite IG account is @usinterior. It's the US Department of the Interior's official account and they regularly post gorgeous photos of US national parks. If you like nature stuff and aren't following them you're messing up!!

Mine is @graybones, nothing too exciting but follow if you want!

I recently started following @yellowbeakpress, they post a lot of interesting vintage or vintage-style tattoo photos and flash.

Completely unrelated to tattoos, but my all-time favorite IG account is @usinterior. It's the US Department of the Interior's official account and they regularly post gorgeous photos of US national parks. If you like nature stuff and aren't following them you're messing up!!

Thanks for that usinterior heads up. I also hooked up mypubliclands and usgs off of that follow. I am @trouthunter15, I post hobbies and occasional kid pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhat along those lines, I really love the NASA instagram account because they post a lot of really incredible photos and they also explain what's happening in them. They posted a picture a couple of weeks ago from the Hubble of gravitational lensing, which is spacetime being warped around galaxy clusters because of their immense gravitational pull, and if I can massively understate things, it is really fucking cool. There are a bunch of other good space-related instagram accounts too. The International Space Station is worth following, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory is cool, and there's a great account of pictures taken by the Hubble though I don't think it's an official account. So much great stuff out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by Bradley Tompkins' BRIGHT_AND_BOLD takeover, I decided to make an account that features good, healed and settled in tattoos.

It's really niche I guess, but I have always enjoyed seeing tattoos that have been lived in, and I'm sure there's a few others out there like me. I am also hoping to maybe get some enthusiasts to do takeovers and show off a few of their tattoos, accompanied by stories about their experiences getting them.

The account is called "Lived in Tattoos" (@livedintattoos). Check it out!

2AF901AE-3A37-4A93-9247-1F5A01916381.png_zpseixir65y.jpeg