Bundle of Joy

ShawnPorter

My girlfriend and I just got approved for adoption on a very sweet, very adorable 6yo Italian Greyhound. It's our first dog. We're both very much so looking forward to him living with us. The paperwork gets signed on Wednesday. During the home visit he was so affectionate and comfortable with us both... can't wait to see his manic side.

Once he moves in, I'm going to flood all of my social networking sites with pics of him in little outfits so all my friends can say aaaaah, but secretly be sick of it.

Firstly great news, and I hope it all works out with you. Just make sure he gets enough exercise everyday or he will start driving you nuts. Had a german shorthair pointer when I was a kid, didn't get to run around enough and became more then an handful.

Secondly, why do you feel the need to dress him in clothes?

congratualtions, i'm so excited for you! how fun! dogs are such a joy no matter what size or shape they come in. i do agility with my dog and in the class before mine there is this teeny tiny little italian greyhound that is in beginners agility and she is sooo preciouse and its such a hoot to watch her do all the obsicles. shes a speedy little one, i was very impressed. i went uo to her and was like "OMG shes so cute!" totally forgetting they can be skitterish and i scared her with my exhuberance!

I have more free time on my hands than most people, which I usually fill up by wandering around Philly. Now I can do it with my wee little creepy dog. And as for clothes; they get really cold and the rescue recommended them wearing clothes in fall, winter and spring. Plus I like the idea of dog shirts.

I full support all your future dog-in-costume blog posts. Congrats though dude!

super cute!!!!

here's some reallllly cute dog clothes... i'm a little biased cause it's my cousin's company but it is really really cute ROVER by RoverDog on Etsy

those are some styling doggies in those pictures! did your cousin make them or she just sells them? i have to say the little one in the stripped shirt and tie has to be my favorite.

sidenote: on my post above i didnt mean to sound so much like a valley girl. i guess im just a very excitable person!

yeah i actually havn't seen my dog since january. i had to move back to canada and the province i live in has a ban on pit bulls and any related breed or breed that resembles a pit bull, so of course that includes my 35 pounds staffie who's never hurt anyone or even tried to.. bullshit..

You ever she Martha Stewart on the show Marriage Ref? I never liked her until I saw here on there and she is one funny dirty minded woman!

Yeah, I bet she's salty. She served Thanksgiving dinner to Squeeky Fromme for christ's sakes!

@Ursula- his name is currently Bailey, but we're going to switch it over, probably to Piccolo. I don't know a lot about his background; there wasn't physical abuse but he wasn't really taken care of (when he went to the rescue he was EIGHT pounds! He's up to twelve and we have a goal weight of 16) so I don't know if his name will be a trigger for bad doggie memories. Plus I think it's a dumb name. That's me justifying changing it.

Yeah I got my dog when she was already a year old and had the name jezebel I changed it to G.B. and it didn't even phase her it's like that was her name all along

And 8 pounds? That's just cruel ! They must not have been feeding her right or something!