Laser tattoo removal aftercare etc

Hi Valerie Glad to hear you are enjoying your lasering!

By way of an introduction My name is Matt I own Cornwall Tattoo Removal and one of the studios I work from is La Familia in Newquay down in Cornwall you may remember the owner Oli and his wife Jess have been to your studio work.

Anywho on with my actual point, just to be pedantic the laser isnt still breaking down the ink after treatment causing ink to need topping up. The laser breaks ink up in the dermis and your body "eats" it. New ink isnt broke so you body will seal it in. Logically the laser energy cant possably sit waiting in your body waiting. If you put new ink in too soon the reason it seems to fall out is simple the dermis is still suffering from trauma and it rejects the ink harder. The waiting time is purely to rest your dermis.

Hope that helps with peoples understanding at least a bit.

Love your work by the way.

Peace.

Cornish, what waiting time do you recommend?

thanks

I had a large, brand new, pro black and grey tattoo lasered off a few years ago. It took 9 sessions, a lot of money and a load of pain to achieve its current, barely visible condition. After the first two treatments I started using Emla cream before each session & Bio Oil massaged in several times daily (on advice of laser clinic) afterwards. I also drank plenty of water, took zinc supplements and arnica & used a vibrator on the whole tattoo once the skin damage from the laser had healed. No one advised me to do this but I figured that since the laser works by breaking down the ink so the body can eliminate it, the vibrations might prevent the skin from re-encapsulating the ink and allow the system to expel it more efficiently. Can't say for sure, but I think it helped. A friend with a very old, amateur, black tattoo started getting hers lasered at the same and did everything I did except the vibrating. According to everything I've read, being years older and amateur, her tattoo should have faded faster but it hardly changed while mine had started to visibly fade after the second/third session. I realise there are a lot of variables to consider here re: health etc. but thought worth mentioning.

Right then i'm off to raid the missis dildo drawer.......:p

• 1 month later...

Tattoo removal is not a pleasant process. By far the most appropriate way to remove a tattoo is through laser removal. Tattoo removal is a time taking and costly procedure. Mainly it doesn't cause much pain but itching will always be there until the process is completed as laser dries the skin and makes it itchy. Swelling and redness are also the problems that you will have to suffer, but if you take proper care of the skin, there will be no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Do you have before and after treatent photos? I am having a very large black and color piece removed from my back, I am on session #7 and am not near complete removal, or even enough to cover up. The pain is very bad as they turn up the laser, I am looking to buy the Emla cream, did you have to get a prescription for yours?

- - - Updated - - -

What are you having removed, are you going for a cover up or attempt at full removal?

- - - Updated - - -

I have used the Dr. Ho on mine after removal, I believe the reason it may help is because it bring blood flow to the area which will help remove the ink...I suppose...I'm no expert. Massage of any type should do the same. After this treatment heals, I am going to try acupuncture on the area, my husband can do it for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not totally agree with u that....i know people whove been trying to laser off medium sized plain black tattoos for a couple of years and they are only beginning to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

your lasered tattoo WILL look like shit for the whole period of time you are treating it ( i reckon it looks a bit like mouldy bread),.

How can u say like this ?

• 3 months later...
After the first two treatments I started using Emla cream before each session

Just a word about EMLA - if anyone on here is using a numbing agent prior to being treated that was not provided by or bought from your laser tech, please inform them. My malpractice insurance has a clause in it specifically regarding EMLA and I will not treat anyone who uses it.

Likewise, I strongly advice against using topical numbing agents.