Should I avoid getting a tattoo with red ink in it?

Asthma Inhaler Jim

I was considering getting a new tattoo in color which includes red. I read that red ink has the highest chance of allergic reaction. Does a red ink allergy ruin the tattoo? or is it just a temporary thing that disappears leaving the tattoo looking normal after? 

Does anyone have any experience with red tattoo ink allergic reactions? 

55 minutes ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

I was considering getting a new tattoo in color which includes red. I read that red ink has the highest chance of allergic reaction. Does a red ink allergy ruin the tattoo? or is it just a temporary thing that disappears leaving the tattoo looking normal after? 

Does anyone have any experience with red tattoo ink allergic reactions? 

older red inks used to to do that on some people, but modern good quality reds these days  hardly do it, I have not had a reaction in 35 years, and I have gotten lots of red since then with no reaction, and if you do get a red ink reaction that's pretty much all it is, maybe scab a little, not an infection.

I wouldn't worry about it, if the tattooer you have chosen has a clean shop and clean practice, go get the tattoo .