Ed Hardy Toilet Paper

So I was in a local book-store yesterday looking through tattoo related publications, and I found a book titled "Ed Hardy Cross Stitch Patterns".

I know lots of people love Ed Hardy, and I respect his tattooing and his contribution to the industry, but come, does he and the guys who own the licence to his images want to make money out of everything.

It occurred to me, that when they are finished they will knock out a line of Ed Hardy toilet paper, just so they can wipe their ass on the industry one last time.

Sorry, I know you guys love the man, but I am sick of seeing the Ed Hardy EVERYWHERE.

i've seen that cross stitch book. it's not that good. and i doubt Ed made any money from it. i looked at the back and inside of the book and has nothing to do with his publishing company.

it's the person who ed originally sold the rights to the 5-10 designs that are on everything.

stop trying to shit talk Ed Hardy

First off I wouldn't even bother looking in the local bookstore for tattoo stuff- come on mate check out the many posts on this site for tattoo reference books .Your lucky to have access to such information on here ,I started out hungry for any morsel and scoured the internet for many hours over three years gradually finding my way .I learnt enough eventually to lead me here .

I saw some Ed Hardy perfume in a store the other day - my thoughts were "Ewww, perfume that smells like a tattoo shop? Who would want to smell like green soap, sweat & blood?" I think it's great that people wear Ed Hardy - now we know who we don't want to talk to; or like the FB page says "thank you Ed Hardy, for making shirts so that we know who the douchebags are!" I think the man is an incredible artist & I love the old school style, just not on EVERYthing I see all over the place! And especially not perfume! :\

last month my lady and i were in Waikiki Hawaii taking a leisurely stroll when we saw a Ed Hardy store. Obviously we're both already familiar with who Ed Hardy is, but never been inside of one of these stores before, so we thought "what the hell, lets just take a look inside to see what it's really about". it's a fcking disco in there, flashy lights, glitter and mirrors, and dance music. i was quickly disgusted, and embarrassed to be seen walking out of such a shit store/brand.

flashy lights, glitter and mirrors, and dance music.

Those words alone almost gave me a headache!

While we're on the subject, has anyone here ever met someone who was surprised to hear from you that Ed Hardy is a real person? I've had this happen once or twice, when people have asked if I like the t shirts, and I say I like him and his artwork instead. I thought even people well outside of tattooing would have known he was at least a real person!

My boss has a neverending supply of Ed Hardy/Christian Audigier shirts. He also drives his "lambo" (lamborghini) to and from work each day. He also has no tattoos, but "has designed some" for friends. He also doesn't know anything about the actual Ed Hardy. At first, I thought, "Oh, maybe not a douchebag indicat––– oh.. yeah. Yeah, it is. Always. Without fail."

Those words alone almost gave me a headache!

While we're on the subject, has anyone here ever met someone who was surprised to hear from you that Ed Hardy is a real person? I've had this happen once or twice, when people have asked if I like the t shirts, and I say I like him and his artwork instead. I thought even people well outside of tattooing would have known he was at least a real person!

I remember a post from a tattooer friend on facebook where he and his girlfriend were having dinner with Ed Hardy and she posted the picture and one of her friends commented something like "you mean the guy from the clothes" and Doug Hardy saw it and posted something like " I didn't think Ed Hardy was a real person, I thought he was a figurehead like Sara Lee". Maybe it was funnier to see it in person but I still smile about it today.

haaaaahahahaha

i've had people think that he wasn't real as well!

or when people see your tattoos and then say it reminds them of some ed hardy stuff... which would be a compliment from a tattooer but i dunno if it's really one when it comes from some random jackass who doesn't know he's a real person...

i only know doug online but he seems like one funny fucker

Yeah I don't really know him that well either. My boss knows him from back in the day. I walked into tattoo city on a trip to San Francisco just to look around and it just so happened Doug has just got back from Aloha Monkey and was doing walk ins that day so I got tattooed and hung out with him for a little bit. But for the most part I know him on the internet like you and he seems damn funny and a good sport.