guys do you think this is a good price? and quality?

Asthma Inhaler Jim

guys i need some advice on whether i should go to this artist or not. 

so basically heres the tattoo i want to get but i want it with out color

1508607573_pwdimage.jpg.71526e72a8630167db23cc57876827ca.jpg

sort of like this 

1987358806_waddlewhite.jpg.78082ab6b5d709411c66b9639f1be4d1.jpg.

heres an artist i have contacted. 

This is his instagram T O B Y • J A M E S 💔 (@tobyjamez) • Instagram photos and videos

here are a few tattoos hes done that sort of match the style i was looking for. 

TOBYJ.thumb.jpg.35660855e05600b1638f10f23bb211b4.jpg

the tattoo i want to get is roughly 3 inches high and 2 and a quarter inches wide. 
I sent him a message asking if i could afford the tattoo i wanted from him for $400 dollars. 

he said for a tattoo that size his price would be around $400 dollars

i have 2 questions 

01. Do you think his work matches my tattoo needs? i thought hed be a good choice since he does a lot of video game and cartoon type tattoos. But im not sure if there are details that i am overlooking about the quality. 

02. does the price seem like its fair? 

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim

11 hours ago, Hogrider said:

His work looks OK to me. 

what about compared to this artists work? here is his instagram Sawooli (@tattoosbysawooli) • Instagram photos and videos

one thing i should maybe say is most of this artists work is not in this style. also ive gotten a small name tattoo from him before and it came out satisfactory.

SAWO.jpg.939a3d5215c64f1d2c794c0a32a93524.jpg

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim

11 hours ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

what about compared to this artists work? here is his instagram Sawooli (@tattoosbysawooli) • Instagram photos and videos

one thing i should maybe say is most of this artists work is not in this style. also ive gotten a small name tattoo from him before and it came out satisfactory.

SAWO.jpg.939a3d5215c64f1d2c794c0a32a93524.jpg

I don’t think this work is as good. Get your tattoo from the person that is fluent in the style, not from the “I can do anything” Tattooer.

4 hours ago, soderpopzzz said:

$400 seems like a LOT for an idea this simple and small. it's usually by the hour i thought, like $150/hr seems to be around the standard. 

i kind of thought it was a lot too. the shop that the artist works at charges 200$ per hour but im not sure if his price was based on an hourly fee or if it was the cost he was giving for a single tattoo. 

im trying to find out what it would cost from the second artist i posted but i havnt gotten a response yet. 

50 minutes ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

guys im not sure what to do, i asked people on reddit if they thought i was being over charged and about 14 people responded saying that they thought it was overpriced. 

LOL  sorry, but you asked reddit ? LOL  if it's a tattoo that you want and you like this tattooer, then pay the money, 

remember one thing.

cheaptattoo.JPG

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

LOL  sorry, but you asked reddit ? LOL  if it's a tattoo that you want and you like this tattooer, then pay the money, 

remember one thing.

cheaptattoo.JPG

lol thanks for the reply, is reddit not a good place for tattoo information? i posted my question in the r/tattoos subreddit. 

24 minutes ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

lol thanks for the reply, is reddit not a good place for tattoo information? i posted my question in the r/tattoos subreddit. 

You're putting something permanent on your body. Not the time to worry about price. Simple tattoos can be harder than complex tattoos because you'll see every minor flaw. There's no place to hide.

Let's put it this way - It's still cheaper than laser removal and a cover up.