This doesn't look normal

Trish

Good morning, 

I have a quarter sleeve and recently went back for additional color. However, I don't think this is normal. I have have scabbing in some areas. Is this normal? See pics

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

Oboogie,

That’s the thing. I am barely putting any on it. I don’t think it is infected but I did notice that this area oozed a lot the first day. I have had several tattoos before but never had this happen. Out of the entire colored portions those sections are the only 2 that look this way. I am careful when washing because that part only gets soft again. Also, the one in my elbow crease may take longer to heal I guess. 

As @oboogie said, if it's not hot to the touch and there's no pus, you're probably OK. Not much you can do at this point except wait for it to heal. Scabs that thick will likely take a couple of months, so pour a drink, light a bowl and relax. Your skin is shiny, and that usually means there is too much lotion. If I had scabs like that I'd probably let it dry heal.

1 hour ago, Trish said:

Oboogie, scab came off. I think because it is in the crease every time I bend my arm the skin was separating. Again, I’m a nurse I definitely know better than to mess with scabs on wounds. 

Not judging you. Nurse or not, people pick at tattoos all the time.