Areas of your body you WON'T tattoo

Ursula

cfgsteak - i met a guy who was in his late 70's or early 80's in rochester and he had a fresh tattoo! it was amazing...

I have a client who recently got his whole head tattooed...at 75...there's always time.

For me, I wouldn't get my whole face tattoed, I'd feel like it was a mask. Not my genitals either or any bullshit areas that are prone to healing poorly. I have chains around my wrist and it's such a clean line I hesitate to do my hands though my knuckles are done.

Aside from the private bits, I think just face/eyelids. I have seen a few nice looking face tattoos that weren't obtrusive though, but eyelids always look tacky to me. I probably shouldn't have done my neck, especially at my age, but ah well. One of my, if not my favorite, "possessions".

And the only way I'd tattoo the side of one of my fingers is if I were to do a lightsaber. Only good sidefinger tattoo I've seen, personally.

• 10 months later...

Face, head. Only areas I would say for sure are never getting tatted. Wouldn't mind getting my hands tattooed but I'm not sure if that will ever happen unless I'm an old ass man. I'm even less sure about the neck. I have a chest tattoo that comes onto the front of my neck and I don't like how visible it is, and I can even cover it with button up shirts or fitted crew neck tees. Can't imagine what having a real neck tattoo would be like.

i'm willing to get tattooed pretty much anywhere. don't really care what others might think since it's none of their fucking problem anyways. never understood why people hesitate. it's not you who done wrong if someone thinks it looks awful. its the person who even bothers what others do that is the problem. might skip the genitalia tough, seems very uncomfortable to heal...or get tattooed!

I would never do my face, I'm sorry to anyone who has facial work and I mean no offence, but I have yet to see a facial tattoo I like. Then there are the social and economic limitations it could impose!

I'd also never do my hands simply because my fiance doesn't even want me to get fully sleeved, and I think hand tattoos when you have blank spaces on your arms look odd (again, no offence meant, just opinion.

If ever my career was 100% safe and not going to be affected by it I would consider my neck though, I have seen a lot of neck pieces I like the look of. I would also consider my head, as I wear my head shaved now and have done for years, but I could easily grow my hair if needed and I don't think I am genetically disposed to baldness.

Anywhere else (except genitals) is fair game though, and I have so much blank space I am happy to not even think about the more "extreme"(?) spots yet!

no face, hands, neck,genitals, armpits or bottoms of feet , I just like being able to cover up my tattoos completely and I want to join the australian army in the near future so definitely no hands or above collar.

also I'm finding it really interesting how many of the tattooers on here have limitations on where they would get tattooed yet theres all these young kids getting there hands and neck done first, I don't know just seems interesting to me

I'd be willing to get pretty much everything that can be covered by a long-sleeved collared shirt and pants, except for my nipples, my cock n' balls, my taint, my anus, etc. It takes a lot of tattoos to cover a body though so I'm sure I'll have far less than that by the time they lower me into the ground.

I like hand tattoos a lot, but I don't think I would ever get them done, not because of limiting my opportunities for gainful employment, being even more of a disappointment to my mom, etc., but because when I see people with them in the real world (ie outside of tattoo shops) the only people I see who can consistently pull them off are hard-looking old dudes. These young guys with hand tattoos always have their hands shoved in their pockets like they're tired of being stared at. I'm not nearly tough enough for hand tattoos.

As Graeme said above, everything that can be covered with a long sleeve shirt and jeans. Don't really see the point of genital/anus tattoos so I think I'll skip that too. I also really like hand tattoos but as I am viewing it now I won't get mine done. Would probably grow tired of seeing them all the time, no matter how good they are. As for now I am pretty happy about only being a tattooed person when I take of my shirt. I am contemplating leaving the "upside" of my forearms blank for the same reason/fear of growing tired of seeing them so often.

(Or I'll just save them till everything else I want is done and get really awesome forearms tattoos when I'm like 40 and everyone who got theirs as 20 year olds will be envious)

For now, I'm keeping everything from the shoulders down and nothing on or below my knee caps. I have 3/4 sleeves and have been toying with the idea of extending them but probably wouldn't do any hand tattoos. No interest in neck or face/head tattoos, nothing on the genitalia and no anus tattoos, though my back piece has come really close to my butthole, haha.

The ironic thing is, I admire all sorts of tattoos and in all placements. Just have my own personal limitations. Working for "the man" also makes it tough too. I love my work (not my job) so I have to keep it professional. But maybe when I win the lotto or get to a point where I don't give a shit anymore, then I'll expand my horizons.

Heh heh heh Well, I learned something new today. Thanks, reverend1. I've made enough curious life choices that I am not going to criticize someone else's unique decisions. Still, I think I'll pass on getting an anus tattoo.

Lol, to me this sits squarely in the don't ask questions you don't want the answer to category.