Areas of your body you WON'T tattoo

Ursula

So I know many of us are aiming for the full body look. I was curious what parts of your body you wouldn't tattoo?

For me it's my face, throat and breasts. I don't think it's stupid for other people to tattoo these areas, it's just not for me.

How about you?

cfgsteak - i met a guy who was in his late 70's or early 80's in rochester and he had a fresh tattoo! it was amazing (i kno you arn't that old i'm just sayin you have lots of time!)

Well, its kinda funny you mention that, my Dad is going to go in with me to get a new tattoo (first since 1957) pretty soon and he is 74...so maybe I will end up with at least hands...I could get knuckles that said AARP LIFE or something...

Ohh Mario that bring a whole new question that I didn't think about

Tattooer- what areas of the body will you not apply tattoos on other people?

I worked in a shop where face and hand tattoos were not done on clients an the owner wouldn't hire anyone with excessive face tattoos

no face, under the chin, tops of hands/fingers, nether regions, ears, or bottom of feet. everything else is fair game in my book, though obviously i don't plan on getting anything extreme until i've got a good paying, solid job, and at least 10 years of work experience. which means i'll be 45 or older when i get my neck done. c'est la vie!

i didn't think of mentioning the soles of my feet but as with MsRad i will not be getting those done! although i will get my palms done.. didn't mention nether regions either cause i thought it was a given but now that i think about it there are lots of people with dick/vag tattoos around... i'll get my ass cheeks done but not like into the crack/hole area hahahaha

No face, throat or hands... (except for my ring finger, I plan on doing that). For me I need to have my ink where it can be hidden with clothes. The environment I work in is very conservative. I've recently thought of doing the tops of my feet.

I have no real plans to tattoo my neck or, aside from the few tiny things on them already, my hands. When I was first introduced to tattooing, hand and neck tattoos were the exclusive provenance of bikers, junkies and lifers, it was scary shit. Most tattooers didn't even have their necks or hands tattooed, and if they did they had earned it by running out of space elsewhere. It used to make you look fucking TOUGH, but these days (no offense to those with neck and hand tattoos) every suburban 18 year old with a screamo band has their hands and throat tattooed. (and often nothing else. the "warped tour body-suit" as I like to call it.) it's just not a club I'm interested in joining. Probably not going to tattoo my feet either.

I'd tattoo my weiner though. If Pat would agree to do it ;)

hahaha in Florida we call it a miami body suit.. dudes with no tattoos except hands and neck...

way to make yourself unemployable and look like a total chode!

i plan on waiting until my art career is a little more secure and i know i won't have to work retail on the side anymore to do the tops of my hands and fingers... plus i still have a ton of room on my legs including both knees and a lot of thigh space

hahaha in Florida we call it a miami body suit.. dudes with no tattoos except hands and neck...

way to make yourself unemployable and look like a total chode!

i plan on waiting until my art career is a little more secure and i know i won't have to work retail on the side anymore to do the tops of my hands and fingers... plus i still have a ton of room on my legs including both knees and a lot of thigh space

Haha yeah in NY/NJ we call tattooing that starts at the hands and ends at the elbow "Puerto Rican sleeves" the Boricua thugs refuse to get tattooed anywhere it won't be seen.

I'd never get my face tattooed. I think that's a place that's only for tattoo artists to have them, in my opinion.

Other than that... I'd never get my neck, soles of my feet, hands (though when I'm old I might change my mind as there'll be no space left!), boobs and anything where my underwear is supposed to be, haha.