Areas of your body you WON'T tattoo

Ursula

Shannon - your replies make zero sense here.

Just because I choose not to get my head or soles tattooed doesn't mean I or anyone is judging someone who does.

Also, just because a tattooer doesn't want to preform a certain tattoo that doesn't make them any less of a tattooer or person.

In fact, I would be inclined to say if you have no problem with doing things like tattooing a 16 year olds hands, that would make you in my eyes less of a tattooer.

This is a subject that is very personal and no one should be judging anyone on what part of their body they will or won't tattoo.

And for the record, the guy I said I worked with who wouldn't tattoo hands and faces owns his shop and has zero problem making a living without doing tattoos he doesn't feel right about.

Hmmm.... Looks like a London Met hat on the copper in the background? Basing that on the check pattern... although I think a fair few other UK forces make use of it.

is he english? or an american just wishin' he was an english skinhead?

skinhead+boy.jpg

Also, just because a tattooer doesn't want to preform a certain tattoo that doesn't make them any less of a tattooer or person.

Y'know, I couldn't agree more with this. I think if someone comes into a studio with the worst idea possible, and someone tattoos it anyway, without at the very least trying to make it better or showing them how it should be done, then I don't think I'd think that highly of the tattooer. Those around my area who would do that are the ones that need the money. I'm not saying Shannon is like this, by the way, just speaking generally.

Hmmm.... Looks like a London Met hat on the copper in the background? Basing that on the check pattern... although I think a fair few other UK forces make use of it.

honest to god, i don't remember where this picture was taken. it's a classic though among the boots and braces crowd.

Im far from heavily tattooeed I have an anchor on my toe as I love the look of knuckle tattoos but I dont have enough other tattoos yet for them to look right. This is just my opinion but I think I would look strange with my knuckles done and nothing on my lower arms.

Im far from heavily tattooeed I have an anchor on my toe as I love the look of knuckle tattoos but I dont have enough other tattoos yet for them to look right. This is just my opinion but I think I would look strange with my knuckles done and nothing on my lower arms.

there is a strong opinion around these parts that you should be heavily tattooed before you even consider getting your hands tattoo. now this doesn't have to be your opinion, but just putting it out there.

Oh man. Someone posted a picture on instagram a while back of an under the nail tattoo, made me cringe for sure. I can't even imagine how bad that would feel! My friend convinced me to let him tattoo my actual nails once. It didn't hurt at all and stayed until the nail grew out.

That sucks cause I really want to put one right above my thumb nail. I guess it'll take probably under a minute for what I want so it might be ok.... Tattooing the sides of my fingers was pretty awful but so quick that it kind of didnt matter

That sucks cause I really want to put one right above my thumb nail. I guess it'll take probably under a minute for what I want so it might be ok.... Tattooing the sides of my fingers was pretty awful but so quick that it kind of didnt matter

yeah and Scott's experience, if i'm remembering right, is on the top portion of his thumb, not the thumb pad area.

I've had one of my finger nails ripped off before, just the thought of getting the nail bed makes me gag.

I think the guy I saw with a nail bed tattoo got it tattooed after he had accidently ripped the nail off. fucking gnarly

Yeah if you've never had a finger nail ripped off, it's insainly sensitive. I remember that even if I was sleeping and my finger rubbed against my bed sheet it would send shivers down my spine, until the skin toughed up. But still who thinks "hey I should take this chance to tattoo that" that's way to hardcore for me. It's in another ball game, I'm going to go back to my bottle and nice soft plush toys.

[edit] Ohh yeah should add this as a spot I don't plan to tattoo, and the roof of my mouth. Fun Fact: The roof of your mouth is the only spot on your body that you can tickle yourself.

face. i have yet to see a cool face tattoo. besides it would distract from my handsomeness.

feet. i dont even want anyone touching them let alone tattooing them.

cock and balls area. nuff said

that being said, somebody is DEFINETELY tattooing my ass crack area when i get my back tattooed.