Areas of your body you WON'T tattoo

Ursula

Yeah, what ^is^ the problem with armpits? Is it just the pain or is there Other Stuff? Hadn't occurred to me that it was anything but standard, if you will. We're getting round to that point, I think, but apart from assuming it'd be a bit sharp I'd not really thought about it, or thought to ask for that matter.

I'll almost certainly not have most of my forearms done, nor backs of hands, neck, face or genitals. My toes are very short indeed so probably useless, who knows. I think palms (and maybe fingers) will be a must when I'm 'done'. Time will tell, I guess.

The sleeve on my left arm goes a bit into my armpit and I didn't find the tattooing itself especially bad (inner arm is tender anyway), but healing it sucked because it's uncomfortable/difficult with the swelling to just have your arm hanging normally by your side so you end up walking around kind of like a scarecrow for a few days after getting tattooed.

I've learned to never say never. A couple years ago I said I would never tattoo my legs. I currently have 4 on my shins. Ten years ago I would have said I'd never be heavily tattooed "2 is enough!". And now I have more than I could ever count. At this point I'm just letting my tattoos flow with my life.

My no-go zones are hands, neck, face, arse and back. I am open to hands once I've left the corporate world, but for now it's a no. My face is something I'll never consider, it doesn't appeal at all.

Unfortunately I have an extremely sensitive/twitchy back and I think getting a back piece is impossible for me, as much as I would like it to be otherwise.

I'm surprised how many people are saying no back. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm biased ;)

The full back tattoo has always been the tattoo that had me awe struck from a real early age, and still does.

Nothing quite like a photo of a handful of people together showing off their backs. Nothing quite like it.

I had a friend over last night, and he told me that I can't get tattooed to the point where no one recognizes me anymore. This came from my saying that I would probably get my head tattooed at some point. Something about having a big old tiger on the back of my head seams really cool.

I had a friend over last night, and he told me that I can't get tattooed to the point where no one recognizes me anymore. This came from my saying that I would probably get my head tattooed at some point. Something about having a big old tiger on the back of my head seams really cool.

I'm pretty sure that would make you incredibly recognizable.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't people then recongnise you as the guy with the head tattoo

Whoops just noticed other people had said this haha

Wouldn't people then recongnise you as the guy with the head tattoo

Whoops just noticed other people had said this haha

Yes, people would. I think he more meant that I can't get face tattoos, but still, I'm going to get the tattoos that I want. Probably no face tattoos, but probably a skull tattoo. That is WAY down the road, though, so it's all speculation on my part.

Yes, people would. I think he more meant that I can't get face tattoos, but still, I'm going to get the tattoos that I want. Probably no face tattoos, but probably a skull tattoo. That is WAY down the road, though, so it's all speculation on my part.

I'm starting to see them more often you can't beat a big eagle wrapped around the back of your head can you