Question about tattoo artist putting on stencil

Asthma Inhaler Jim

So as some of you may already know from posts of mine on the forum lately, im planning on getting a new tattoo. 

The last time i got a tattoo, the tattoo artist applied the stencil but a part of it didnt transfer to my skin so there was a gap in it. What the tattoo artist did was used a pen to fill in the gap in the part of the stencil that didnt transfer onto my skin. In the end after being tattooed, the part he filled in with the pen was misshapen and didnt come out exactly right. Im not sure if filling it in with a pen was the reason it didnt come out right because it didnt look obviously misshapen when he drew it on but i suspect it is. 

So here is my question. If a similar thing happens when i get my next tattoo and there are pieces of the stencil that dont transfer on to my skin, should i ask the tattoo artist if he can reprint the stencil or should i just allow him to use a pen if he thinks its necessary to fill in any missing parts in the stencil? 

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim

16 hours ago, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

thanks for the reply 

So if the tattoo artist does decide to use a pen on the stencil if he thinks its necessary should i let him? or would it be better to try to have him reprint it to avoid having to use a pen? 

yes, adjusting things on the stenciled skin is totally  normal, assuming you have done proper research on this tattooer, you need to trust them, of course you will look at the stencil before they start tattooing and approve it.

4 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Just to be clear, you aren't using the same artist, right?

thats correct im not using the same artist 

7 hours ago, Dan said:

yes, adjusting things on the stenciled skin is totally  normal, assuming you have done proper research on this tattooer, you need to trust them, of course you will look at the stencil before they start tattooing and approve it.

thanks for the reply