Suggestions please

Wedge

Hahahaha that's brilliant!

I know this is a bit off-topic, but who did your eagle/horses tattoo, mate? I think it's class! :)

It is unintentionally funny. Well that’s 30 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

The Eagle & Pharaohs Horses tattoo was tattooed by the very lovely Niki Balls.

It is unintentionally funny. Well that’s 30 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

The Eagle & Pharaohs Horses tattoo was tattooed by the very lovely Niki Balls.

I've wasted time on dumber things, to be honest, haha. It reminds me of those iPhone apps that people use to try to figure out what their tattoos will look like.

That's really great man, I'm sure I saw some of Niki's work online just today actually! Can't for the life of me remember where now, though. I think it looks great! :)

Thanks a lot bigjoe. Flying Tiger is 10 minutes from me and I am somewhat familiar with the others you mentioned but Mohawk John really stands out to me. Once I can at least get more settled on a style and general concept I can actively find the right artist and discuss details. Unfortunately I'm still undecided as to what I want to do with this.

You'll get there, Wedge! Another thing you can do is just completely immerse yourself in tattooing, with the internet, books, flash, etc. whenever you have some time. I think it's best to look at the tattooers first, and then go from there, like I said, but you can do it the other way around if you want.

Sometimes, I've just looked at things I really love, and thought, "wait, why the hell don't I have that tattooed on me yet?". I've ended up with really beautiful tattoos of both Pierrot the Clown and a Russian doll that way!

Trust me, I look at a lot of various pictures, artists, etc. I've definitely seen things I'd like to have tattooed on me but my issue is placement and making sure whatever I put on that arm (if anything) won't look too out of place. I've also been told just to leave the arm as is and tattoo somewhere else. I'm thinking about this too much probably and need to relax a little but that's the way I get when I'm thinking of new tattoos! Thanks again for all the feedback.

hey wedge... what you choose for additional subject matter is your call... however, because your existing tattoo has a crest kind of feel to it, might i suggest that you use shaded filigree in the background that could flow with your arm? just a thought....

• 4 years later...