3 Questions - If anyone can help !

MakaveliX

I used to post here years back but my account seem to have been deleted, anyway here's three questions regarding tattoos.

Firstly. I may have two inner wrist tattoos soon ( the boney bit before you get to the hand )  --

1. Is it a painful spot ?  I have some on the outer wrist and could barely feel it..
  2. Is there any chance the artist could tickle a nerve or tendon and make my arm jerk ?
  3. My last tattoos were two years ago, and i've recently had a few more, the new ones look bolder and darker than the older ones. So would it be a good idea to get a touch up on the old ones so they match the colour of the new ones ? They're all black and grey

Thanks!

Edited by MakaveliX

• MakaveliX changed the title to 3 Questions - If anyone can help !
1 hour ago, MakaveliX said:

I used to post here years back but my account seem to have been deleted, anyway here's three questions regarding tattoos.

Firstly. I may have two inner wrist tattoos soon ( the boney bit before you get to the hand )  --

1. Is it a painful spot ?  I have some on the outer wrist and could barely feel it..
  2. Is there any chance the artist could tickle a nerve or tendon and make my arm jerk ?
  3. My last tattoos were two years ago, and i've recently had a few more, the new ones look bolder and darker than the older ones. So would it be a good idea to get a touch up on the old ones so they match the colour of the new ones ? They're all black and grey

Thanks!

1) Yes, but not horrible

2) yes

3) Tattoos fade. are you going to try to keep them all looking brand new? I wouldn't do it. I've seen a lot of tattoos fucked up when people tried to "fix" or "help" them.

34 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

yes

OK so should I make sure the artist is pressing down hard on my hand so it cannot jerk about and move?

34 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

3) Tattoos fade. are you going to try to keep them all looking brand new? I wouldn't do it. I've seen a lot of tattoos fucked up when people tried to "fix" or "help" them.

Not all. I have a design on my outer wrist which I want continued all the way around like a sleeve so it goes to my inner wrist too. I thought it would be an idea once I've had it, to get the outer wrist touched up to make it look like one whole piece.

I suppose I could wait and see how much it fades over a couple of months, if it fades enough to blend in then I will leave it.

Surely there's nothing wrong with a touch-up as I've had them before ?

Edited by MakaveliX

4 hours ago, MakaveliX said:

OK so should I make sure the artist is pressing down hard on my hand so it cannot jerk about and move?

Not all. I have a design on my outer wrist which I want continued all the way around like a sleeve so it goes to my inner wrist too. I thought it would be an idea once I've had it, to get the outer wrist touched up to make it look like one whole piece.

I suppose I could wait and see how much it fades over a couple of months, if it fades enough to blend in then I will leave it.

Surely there's nothing wrong with a touch-up as I've had them before ?

You have nerves all over your body close to the skin, just let the artist do his work and don't worry about it.

I don't know what to tell you about the touch up other than trust your artist. You left out the part where you are continuing the tattoo and touching it up to match. People get touch ups all the time with varying results. Make sure you're artist is a good one.

7 hours ago, Hogrider said:

You have nerves all over your body close to the skin, just let the artist do his work and don't worry about it.

I don't know what to tell you about the touch up other than trust your artist. You left out the part where you are continuing the tattoo and touching it up to match. People get touch ups all the time with varying results. Make sure you're artist is a good one.

Alright thanks 😄 Just got a bit concerned about some sort of involuntary jerking of my arm as the tendons are quite close.  Maybe i'm worrying about it too much

I currently have the same design on both of the outside of my wrists from years back. I want the same design, but smaller on the inside of my wrists.

My artist said he will " Stencil " the old tattoo so I have the same one on both wrists.

What exactly does " Stenciling " involve ? I think they  use an iPad.. does it mean he'll take a photo of my current one, stencil round it, then print it off and use it as a transfer ?

Thx

Edited by MakaveliX

Probably not. I'm assuming he'll just put tracing paper on top of your existing tattoo and then just track it with ink on that paper. He could then easily trace/transfer that onto a stencil for transfer onto your skin. Might even just be one step, too. 

5 minutes ago, SStu said:

Probably not. I'm assuming he'll just put tracing paper on top of your existing tattoo and then just track it with ink on that paper. He could then easily trace/transfer that onto a stencil for transfer onto your skin. Might even just be one step, too. 

OK I'm just confused because the new tattoos will need to be smaller in size due to lack of space on my inner forearm from other tattoos ? If he traces the original tattoos they'll be too big

On 7/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, MakaveliX said:

OK I'm just confused because the new tattoos will need to be smaller in size due to lack of space on my inner forearm from other tattoos ? If he traces the original tattoos they'll be too big

These are questions you should be asking your tattoo artist. We're just guessing. He actually knows what he's going to do.

Best way to prevent itchiness ? Cold water seems to help, just concerned I may scratch during the night. Cut my fingernails etc.

I tend to use Bepanthen.  I used it very lightly for all my previous tattoos and they all healed fine. It's fragrance and colour free etc.

Edited by MakaveliX

On 7/3/2021 at 1:06 AM, Hogrider said:

I've had the new tattoo's on the inside, went well.

Should I get the old ones touched up ASAP so they match, or can it wait a month or so ?

Thanks