Can’t tell if this is a scab or the start of an infection?

worrywart

My brain is in full anxiety mode about this one spot on my new tattoo and it’s driving me crazy! I got a tattoo about a week ago and after two or three days noticed there was this yellow spot on it. I’m only on day 8 for healing so I know I still have some time to give it but the spot just seems out of place. It doesn’t appear to be oozing, it’s not itchy, my tattoo doesn’t feel hot or warm to the touch, but I can’t tell if it’s just a scab or not. Hoping it’s a stubborn scab but any input would be appreciated.

It’s right next to the eye, it’s a bit hard to get a decent photo of it: https://imgur.com/a/FbWeMim

Hard to tell with that pic on my phone,  but to me it just looks like light bruising.   I doubt it’s an infection as you would be able to feel a little warmth radiating from it as well as abnormal amount of itchiness.  Could even be just where the artist was trying to add some contrast.  I notice the same coloring on the cheek and the upper mandible    Just watch it to make sure it’s not an infection.  Otherwise enjoy it.   It’s a pretty clean piece IMO

Edited by Ebm239

2 hours ago, oboogie said:

Your tattoo is healing. If there is no pus and it isn't hot to the touch, just leave it alone and let it heal. It looks like you are putting a lot of crap on it, so just keep it clean and dry. You appear to be drowning it in Aquaphor or something.

I had just moisturized it before taking the photo and had the flash on, that’s why it looks wet. I promise I’m not drowning my tattoo.