extreme tattoo regret/anxiety

jaybirdy

1 hour ago, jaybirdy said:

The tattoo artist who did my owl assured me that it isn't a bad tattoo and that i just needed to add stuff to the bottom and top of it which was always my plan. I never wanted a full sleeve type thing,

1) Listen to your artist.

2) Chill out.

3) Learn from your mistakes. You don't get a good tattoo from a shit artist. Good artists aren't cheap.

I see way worse than that every day. I'm not even sure what is so horrible about the work. If I saw that on the street I wouldn't give it a second thought.

If you can't get past this, don't get more tattoos. See #2 again. 😉

Edited by Hogrider

5 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

1) Listen to your artist.

2) Chill out.

3) Learn from your mistakes. You don't get a good tattoo from a shit artist. Good artists aren't cheap.

I see way worse than that every day. I'm not even sure what is so horrible about the work. If I saw that on the street I wouldn't give it a second thought.

If you can't get past this, don't get more tattoos. See #2 again. 😉

the snakes are much better now, but before they were completely faded and it was like the artist didn't even want to give it scales and just went for nearly half the thing being the underbelly, which isn't what i asked for, and I think its just a shock to my system now having visible tattoos, and having one on the inside of my forearm that i'm not fully in love with is really disappointing. But thank you, some days I accept it and can be ok with it then others I sit and extremely regret it

55 minutes ago, MakaveliX said:

I think they all look good to be honest

thank you, but it just didn't turn out the way i had envisioned, its way too simple and has no life too it. i'm just too critical of it because its on my body and I have to see it every day you know?

1 hour ago, jaybirdy said:

the snakes are much better now, but before they were completely faded and it was like the artist didn't even want to give it scales and just went for nearly half the thing being the underbelly, which isn't what i asked for, and I think its just a shock to my system now having visible tattoos, and having one on the inside of my forearm that i'm not fully in love with is really disappointing. But thank you, some days I accept it and can be ok with it then others I sit and extremely regret it

Unfortunately many people do their research AFTER they are unhappy with the results. 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:49 AM, jaybirdy said:

thank you, but it just didn't turn out the way i had envisioned, its way too simple and has no life too it. i'm just too critical of it because its on my body and I have to see it every day you know?

they usually don't turn out how you envisioned it. part of working with an artist is to give them refs and tell them what u want and what u like and don't like and let them run with it. see jeff gogue's surrender documentary. you just have to let go after a certain point. if u want exactly what u envision in ur mind, u should learn to tattoo and tattoo urself imho.