Getting a full sleeve (I hope!)

Alexdev50

Hey everyone,

New here and wanting to introduce myself and maybe pick your brains for advice. Got a tattoo on my back shoulder about 10 years ago and decided to take the plunge on a full sleeve.

Got line work done on first piece and went in for second session which was supposed to be 5-6 hours. All going good and about an hour in my artist tells me she can no longer continue because I have sensitive skin, am swelling too much and bleeding. Had a more technical answer about ink and plasma but cant remember exact words. Told me to stop drinking caffeine and start taking collagen. I have been and go back next Saturday.

My question is first, has anyone ever heard of swelling too much DURING the session? I understand after but to stop seems hard to find info about. Second, any tips or ideas to reduce swelling while I am midsection next sat? I hate having an incomplete piece and having to wait for the next session to finish. She is so busy after this next one I have scheduled I have to wait until October to get in again. Dont want to wait 2 months with a half finished piece of a sleeve tattoo. 

I thought maybe taking an ibuprofen before I go in to help reduce swelling but im all ears. 

Thanks guys.

My thighs will form welts as soon as a line is drawn...like you can watch it raise up and it's really creepy. No bleeding though. A little Bactine helps with the swelling. 

It can be a little painful for me, but no artist I've used has decided to stop early because of it. 

But again, no excessive bleeding, so YMMV.

Wildcat