Lower leg tattoo

CaptCanada

I may be in this thread tomorrow complaining. Although most of the tattoos on my lower legs have been ok when healing, you just never know. @hogg I may have missed this in another thread, but what are you getting Sunday?

I got nothing; the appointment fell through. But hopefully I'll be back in this Sunday or next.

Update on my ankle: the swelling's been gone for a few days now and it feels fine. Still a bit scabby, but that's to be expected.

Don't everybody get too worked up, 'cuz you never know.

My lower leg sleeve/sock (whatever) was one of my most painless. Some, but not a lot of swelling. The initial (wrapped) healing was quick and residual healing was slow - but I'm an old fart, too, so I've got less blood heading in that direction these days. :p

• 4 weeks later...

@Jack if it helps homie I'm still healing mine up! This particular tattoo has been a bastard to heal, I have a feeling my new day job of working in a cold room hasn't helped. I mean, I still have a couple of scabs and its been over a month!! That, and I've waked my shin a few times (really, really well) so I'm sure that hasn't aided with said healing lol

- - - Updated - - -

P.s don't hold out, post pics whilst bitching ;) haha

So I am totally gonna use this thread as a sounding board for my ankle tattoo... does that count as lower leg? Anywho, I just have a question about healing it.

Got it saturday, been keeping it clean and well taken care of, but it's still kind of sore, especially since my ankle/lower calve bump into things alot. It's not in pain, nor is it red, but it is tender a bit. Also having a bit of an issue with the healing. Not really scabbing, but it is really rough on some spots. It has gotten smoother over the last few days, but still worrisome.

My first tattoo, on my shoulder, had already flaked by this point... this one hasnt. not trying to rush anything, but I am afraid of keeping aquaphor on it for very much longer, so about an hour ago I washed it and put a bit of cetaphil sensitive skin on it... any tips? This is vastly different from my first tattoo but nervous about it. Oh and I just realized, its not really on my ankle as much as it is on my lower calve

So I am totally gonna use this thread as a sounding board for my ankle tattoo... does that count as lower leg? Anywho, I just have a question about healing it.

Got it saturday, been keeping it clean and well taken care of, but it's still kind of sore, especially since my ankle/lower calve bump into things alot. It's not in pain, nor is it red, but it is tender a bit. Also having a bit of an issue with the healing. Not really scabbing, but it is really rough on some spots. It has gotten smoother over the last few days, but still worrisome.

My first tattoo, on my shoulder, had already flaked by this point... this one hasnt. not trying to rush anything, but I am afraid of keeping aquaphor on it for very much longer, so about an hour ago I washed it and put a bit of cetaphil sensitive skin on it... any tips? This is vastly different from my first tattoo but nervous about it. Oh and I just realized, its not really on my ankle as much as it is on my lower calve

Lower leg takes a little bit longer to heal usually. I think it because of all the blood flow to your lower legs and feet. All you can do is keep it clean, and wait for it to heal, sounds like you have done everything right as far as aftercare, just some tattoos heal rough.

It doesn't get much "lower leg" than the ankle, @Delicious! My most painful tattoo to heal was the recent one on my ankle. Similar to your experience, it took longer than normal to heal, but in the end, healed perfectly. You could probably switch to a fragrance-free lotion at this point and just apply a small amount as needed. If your tattooer tells you different, take that advice over mine (read: I'm not a tattooer).