Can this be corrected ?

MakaveliX

On 9/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, Hogrider said:

Bye, bye.

Confused as to what you mean ?

I wonder if it's possible for the laser removal treatment just to focus on parts of the "M" which are too narrow. Therefore making it more readable ?

Edited by MakaveliX

On 9/4/2021 at 3:51 AM, MakaveliX said:

Confused as to what you mean ?

I wonder if it's possible for the laser removal treatment just to focus on parts of the "M" which are too narrow. Therefore making it more readable ?

I'm pretty sure he means what we all feel, we have had enough of this thread, 

it's a fucked up tattoo by a scratcher and there is nothing that can be done to fix it,

THERE ! that's it !   now let's move on from this.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, Dan said:

I'm pretty sure he means what we all feel, we have had enough of this thread, 

it's a fucked up tattoo by a scratcher and there is nothing that can be done to fix it,

THERE ! that's it !   now let's move on from this.

That's a bit harsh dude. I'm sure most people in my situation would be seeking answers and solutions

On 9/5/2021 at 8:46 AM, MakaveliX said:

That's a bit harsh dude. I'm sure most people in my situation would be seeking answers and solutions

Yes, but you don't seem to be getting the nice replies. @Dan is right. You got a shit tattoo, you can't fix it. Your two realistic choices are live with it, or laser it to the point where you can get a cover up.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, Hogrider said:

You got a shit tattoo, you can't fix it. Your two realistic choices are live with it, or laser it to the point where you can get a cover up.

What about filling all the letters in black, and then doing a design over it in white or something ( like a " blackout " )  ? OR would that need a laser too ?

Something like this

manly-blackwork-tattoo-with-geometric-wh

white-on-black.jpg

Edited by MakaveliX

On 9/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, MakaveliX said:

What about filling all the letters in black, and then doing a design over it in white or something ( like a " blackout " )  ? OR would that need a laser too ?

Something like this

manly-blackwork-tattoo-with-geometric-wh

white-on-black.jpg

You need to find an artist that specializes in that and get a consult. I have doubts about how well it will hold up over time, but I could be wrong.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:07 PM, Hogrider said:

You need to find an artist that specializes in that and get a consult. I have doubts about how well it will hold up over time, but I could be wrong.

I spoke to a good artist and they said that the white wouldn't last long at all, so you are right.

He also said what you guys said, it would be very difficult to cover that up as there's so much black

On 9/7/2021 at 9:49 PM, SStu said:

Did you already tell us where you are located?

I'm in the UK dude and don't have a car so i'm quite restricted. I should have transport soon so I can then ask around different places

Someone did suggest turning it into an arrow, I know it sounds random but with the right artist ( my usual place, not where I got this one ) i'm sure they could do a good job of it.

Attached are the healed pic and the arrow suggestion

healed.jpg

edited.jpg

Edited by MakaveliX

On 9/13/2021 at 9:38 AM, MakaveliX said:

Someone did suggest turning it into an arrow, I know it sounds random but with the right artist ( my usual place, not where I got this one ) i'm sure they could do a good job of it.

healed.jpg

edited.jpg

Don't trade one mess for another. I think you run the risk of making a bad situation worse. I'd live with it for now, but if you HAVE to do something, what about a leopard?

On 9/13/2021 at 3:38 PM, MakaveliX said:

I spoke to a good artist and they said that the white wouldn't last long at all, so you are right.

He also said what you guys said, it would be very difficult to cover that up as there's so much black

I'm in the UK dude and don't have a car so i'm quite restricted. I should have transport soon so I can then ask around different places

healed.jpg

edited.jpg

What @Hogrider said: I'm sure you would be trading one mess for another.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:04 PM, Hogrider said:

Don't trade one mess for another. I think you run the risk of making a bad situation worse. I'd live with it for now, but if you HAVE to do something, what about a leopard?

Yeah I'll live with it for now as I have just had a load of tattoos recently.

In the mean-time I suppose I could do some research, a black panther / leopard is a good idea  but not sure if it would fit on my forearm

Something like this do you mean ? 

idea.jpg

idea 3.jpg

idea 4.jpg

idea2.jpg

Edited by MakaveliX

On 9/13/2021 at 10:48 AM, MakaveliX said:

Yeah I'll live with it for now as I have just had a load of tattoos recently.

In the mean-time I suppose I could do some research, a black panther / leopard is a good idea  but not sure if it would fit on my forearm

Something like this do you mean ? 

idea.jpg

idea 3.jpg

idea 4.jpg

idea2.jpg

Yea, I meant panther. That's why you need a consult with a competent tattoo artist. It would be a big one and probably take some time to figure out how to place it.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, Hogrider said:

Yea, I meant panther. That's why you need a consult with a competent tattoo artist. It would be a big one and probably take some time to figure out how to place it.

OK dude thanks. I'll try and do some research into what might work as a cover up and speak to my artist in a couple of weeks

On 9/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, oboogie said:

Please talk to a competent artist. Anyone who suggested a giant solid black arrow makes me question their ability. It's going to look even worse if you just cover it up with some ugly shit. Do not rush into anything.

yes I understand. my usual artist is exceptional.. check out this one I had done last week from them...

It was just a friends suggestion who said the black arrow as they were trying to just reassure me that a cover up can be done.  As said, I'll speak to my artist when I get a chance and see what they say about the panther.

@MakaveliX just a suggestion: as you may know, an artist is an artist because he does not just draw/paint/play/write, but rather he creates images/music/words, which means that you can search your own designs and we could suggest other ones but I think that you should also ask your artist and listen to what he has in mind, maybe give him a theme or a suggestion an see what he comes up with.

Edited by warrug25

On 9/14/2021 at 5:50 PM, warrug25 said:

@MakaveliX just a suggestion: as you may know, an artist is an artist because he does not just draw/paint/play/write, but rather he creates images/music/words, which means that you can search your own designs and we could suggest other ones but I think that you should also ask your artist and listen to what he has in mind, maybe give him a theme or a suggestion an see what he comes up with.

Yah that is true. I'm just trying to be positive about it at the moment, I was quite upset after getting it done

I'll see my artist in a couple of weeks and see what they say.

I hope I manage to get something to cover it up with eventually.

I don't have the time or money to go through getting it faded from a removal place as my artist told me  ( and from what i've learned ) there's so much black there that it would be very difficult to fade/remove it at all. However I don't mind getting something like @Hogrider suggested like a large panther.

Edited by MakaveliX

On 9/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, oboogie said:

It needs to be long and lean like a panther. These aren't going to work on that narrow space.

OK Cool, thanks. Black panther is the best suggestion so far then. I can't think of anything else though, hopefully a decent artist will.

I'll take the advice and live with it for now, it does look better in real than the picture to be fair. I'm learning to like it which is all that matters really. In defence of the artist it's partially due to the font I chose. 

Edited by MakaveliX

On 9/15/2021 at 1:12 PM, MakaveliX said:

In defence of the artist it's partially due to the font I chose. 

I'm not sure why you keep defending that hack. They are really, really bad.

It's important to be able to recognize a good artist from a bad artist. There's no nice way to say it, they suck. There are a lot of things wrong with that tattoo and the font is the LEAST of the problems.

Edited by Hogrider