Hello everyone! New Lion Tattoo - Is it just me?

MarioV

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community and feeling very excited, seeing how everyone seems to be so helpful and friendly. First of all, excuse me if my english is not perfect as it is not my native language 😛 

I know this is not the correct forum for this topic but somehow I'm not able to post on the "tattoo advice" section. 

So I got a new tattoo this week on my right arm and I really love it! The artist made an amazing job and did exactly what I asked for. Now here's the problem: when I'm wearing a t-shirt, the lion's mane that pops out under the sleeve just looks .. weird. I'm just not feeling it. I'm thinking to add some savanna trees under the lion to fill that space.

IMG_20210814_161919.thumb.jpg.78d7f23bfd17fb18c5d5e0b47d9d075a.jpg

IMG_20210815_184313_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.4503fbfd82a06d896a4699e01a374195.jpg

Am I being paranoid or does it look weird? It's definitely not the artist fault but mine for not seeing the lion's mane was too long. I'm sending photos so you can picture what I mean. Thank you so much in advance.

2 minutes ago, SStu said:

Doesn't look weird to me . . . but more tattoos below it would be pretty normal, too. 

Thank you for the feedback. I had people telling me it looks absolutely normal and others telling me it looks "out of place" since you cannot see what's on the shoulder with a tshirt. I might tattoo some savanna trees under the mane to look more composed, what do you think?

15 minutes ago, MakaveliX said:

The lion itself looks awesome. I'd just get another tattoo underneath it and try to incorporate the lions mane into it ?

Either way  I like it

Thanks @MakaveliX! Do you have any suggestion? I thought about savanna tree's silhouette. Trying to have other ideas to choose my favorite one 

22 hours ago, MarioV said:

Thank you for the feedback. I had people telling me it looks absolutely normal and others telling me it looks "out of place" since you cannot see what's on the shoulder with a tshirt. I might tattoo some savanna trees under the mane to look more composed, what do you think?

More tattoos is always a great option for forum members. 

Don't give a shit about what the public thinks. 38% of them are Morons.