When and why did you stop worrying about UV rays ?

ThistleFR

Hi everyone, may the topic has already been covered but I haven’t found the post.

I have always been very careful with my tattoos because I was afraid they would fade too quickly (No sun, sunscreen, long sleeves…)

I recently realizes that a good applied tattoo will age well and that I need to stop worrying too much about it.

My questions are : Are you really paying attention ? When did you realize that there is a middle ground between being extremely careful and not giving a damn ?

Hi everyone, may the topic has already been covered but I haven’t found the post.

I have always been very careful with my tattoos because I was afraid they would fade too quickly (No sun, sunscreen, long sleeves…)

I recently realizes that a good applied tattoo will age well and that I need to stop worrying too much about it.

My questions are : Are you really paying attention ? When did you realize that there is a middle ground between being extremely careful and not giving a damn ?

On 8/20/2021 at 3:24 AM, ThistleFR said:

There is a big middle ground, but just a little attention to sunscreen when I'm going to be out and about in direct sunlight for an hour or more is all I've ever paid attention to, and I've got 30 year old tattoos that are still vivid. 

I coach track and cross country and I run a ton, so I’m constantly out in the sun from March to November. My runners used to laugh at the amount of sunscreen I put on, but now they just know that if it’s even a little sunny, I’m probably putting it on. 

Like you said, fading is inevitable, and I have some spots that show no matter how careful you are, the sun takes its toll. That said, I still try to use a 50 spf if I’m outside for more than 30-40 min.