Tattoo opinion

Pasq

Hello everyone 👋 I'd like your opinion on a tattoo I recently had. I wanted to express the concept of going towards the unknown. In general I like it, but the head of the bird (that should represent a crow) does not really convince me. What would you do? Would you add/change anything or cover it up with something else? IMG-20210906-WA0045.thumb.jpg.2c50d8e1352dc948985d2064fee3a6b3.jpg

To me the tattoo looks good, and the head of the bird seems just like the head of any crow (which I can claim I know very well, since I've lived for seven years in a house which terrace was used by many crows - probably all the crows and ravens of the city, considering how many they were sometimes - as a haven 😂). What is it that does not convince you?

Edited by warrug25

Thanks guys for your opinions. I actually like it and I studied quite a bit the design with my tattooist. The cover up option comes to my mind only during times of stress and overthinking, and instead of taking it out on people, I take it out on my tattoos 😂 Regarding the head, at the beginning I didn't notice anything strange, it probably all started when a couple of friends thought it was an eagle (An eagle?! Really?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️). In their defense, beyond their ignorance about birds, I must say that we don't live in a place where crows and eagles are present 😅

The misunderstanding and misidentification of tattoos is an event each tattooed person has been forced to endure at least once: most of the people I know keep telling me "What a nice TRUMPET you have on your arm!".

Now, I don't want to be pedantic, but this is a trumpet:

preview_1.jpg.7044b79c3b3e8b6f96c585297d2bd77c.jpg

And this is a french horn, which is what I have tattooed on my forearm:

16169406_800.jpg.46614a9db69cb3118f709506f3f91c70.jpg

What I want to say is that many people will misinterpret, misunderstand or misidentify your tattoo... but that does not mean it has any defect: it usually just means people don't know what they're talking about 😂

Edited by warrug25