first/only tattoo on ringfinger (Yeah, I know... Ithink)

mclien

OK, I know there are tons of advises why it is a bad idea to get the first (in my case probably only) tattoo on fingers. I have thought quite a while about it and have taken in account all things about social/employment and pain related.

Yeah it is the ring finger because I'm married (long time, btw)

So the remaining questions so far:

As to the fading caused by sunlight I read two different things

a) fades fast and certainly when exposed before healing and some time after

b) fades in any case just slower, if kept out of sunlight first weeks

So plan is to get the tattoo in the beginning of the dark time of the year, where I can manage to have it covered some weeks and also haven't much craftmenship in that season

And I have a bit of difficulties on how to find the right studio (not much artwork to do, it's just 2 letters in a fictional language).

But I may be to stupid to do my internet search (again) or it is sparse in my region (Germany, Wolfsburg-Brunswick-Hildesheim-Hannover). Or it is hard to find someone experienced in works on fingers without personal contact.

I have a recommendation for Berlin, but I'd like to have someone more closely to where I travel regularly, because of the expected touch-ups.

I hope I didn't miss something obvious…

or some wrote some other stupid things, I could have figured out myself.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, mclien said:

OK, I know there are tons of advises why it is a bad idea to get the first (in my case probably only) tattoo on fingers. I have thought quite a while about it and have taken in account all things about social/employment and pain related.

Yeah it is the ring finger because I'm married (long time, btw)

So the remaining questions so far:

As to the fading caused by sunlight I read two different things

a) fades fast and certainly when exposed before healing and some time after

b) fades in any case just slower, if kept out of sunlight first weeks

So plan is to get the tattoo in the beginning of the dark time of the year, where I can manage to have it covered some weeks and also haven't much craftmenship in that season

And I have a bit of difficulties on how to find the right studio (not much artwork to do, it's just 2 letters in a fictional language).

But I may be to stupid to do my internet search (again) or it is sparse in my region (Germany, Wolfsburg-Brunswick-Hildesheim-Hannover). Or it is hard to find someone experienced in works on fingers without personal contact.

I have a recommendation for Berlin, but I'd like to have someone more closely to where I travel regularly, because of the expected touch-ups.

I hope I didn't miss something obvious…

or some wrote some other stupid things, I could have figured out myself.

the top half of fingers keeps ink pretty well,the palm side not so well, I just got my wedding ring on the top half for that reason, I got this on my ring finger and all of the first knuckle about 5 or 6 years ago and they have held up good IMO, the one love ones are a little newer, and after the tattoo is healed, don't worry about the sun.

life is short, get the tattoo.

20180614_154515.jpg

Edited by Dan