I need feedback on a web application for tattoo artists I'm working on

mateojacquesweb

Hello! I'm a web developer and I've been looking for ideas for projects.

I noticed that a lot of tattoo artists I follow complain that clients aren't really specific when they ask for the cost of a tattoo, asking for it to be 'small' or 'big' without any kind of reference, and how that could be annoying.
So I came up with a concept, which is essentially a form that you can send to your client in a link, takes just 2 minutes to complete, and gives you every piece of information you need to price your work correctly. By setting the parameters yourself, you save time otherwise spent in reiterating to your awesome client that small is not an universal concept. The result of this form is then sent to your personal dashboard, where you can manage your reservations, communicate to your clients, present them to your designs and schedule sessions, with the end goal being to improve your workflow and organization.

I would love to expand this concept into a full web application, but it will be very time consuming and I figured out I should ask the target audience if the idea is worth it. So, as a tattoo artist and/or client, would you use something like this? Do you think it can improve your workflow?

Thanks! I've attached some screenshots for a demo I've been working on

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

So, the problem with this is that the concept of small or big can be more useful than specific centimeters.  Complaining about how clients describe their ideal tattoo is kind of a joke - The clients don't know any better, and the tattoo artist has no real frame of reference because the perception of wether something is small or not varies from person to person.  We are used to it.  Clients do it in person and they do it on-line.  It's just that in person you can ask them to show you and the problem is resolved immediately.

The most useful thing that potential clients can do online to give an idea of size is to take a photo of the location on their body where they want the tattoo and circle it with the edit feature on their phone.

The problem with specifying specific dimensions via e-mail is that more often than not asking the client to go through the trouble of figuring out this type of specification ends in frustration because it sets up the client for disappointment.. most of the time the client wants the tattoo too small for the design they have picked out...

So a circled area on a photo is more helpful... because it's highly specific and it gives you an idea of what the tattoo should cost without agreeing to something that is highly specific and could change when the customer comes to get the tattoo design sized in person.

It happens a lot that clients are overly concerned with price and they believe size has something to do with it. They don't understand that certain designs can be done a large range of sizes and still be the same price.

More often than not, it's clients that are cheap asking this type of question... so they aren't really the ideal clients anyway.  They want house party prices... most people who ask how much a small or large tattoo is are not worth the time.  They are just trying to find someone to do what they want for the cheapest price.  It's cheap and ignorant, like the question "How much for a half-sleeve?".  They just don't know any better.

Doing things digitally is pretty frustrating... but truthfully most of us have learned to work around this issue... so if you're trying to make a program for tattoo artists and make money off of it... most of us don't really need it.  We have our own websites for leads and can edit the forms if we want additional pictures, references or specifications.