Does this look like blowout and should I be concerned?

darksage94

This is 5 days after my first tattoo, just line work and am due back for shading in a few weeks. After removing the tegaderm and washing I started to get concerned and turned to Google… obviously I’m freaked out, but should I be? I’m having full blown panic attacks

A2439C16-6686-449A-87AE-58232FB8B7F7.jpeg

7CD5A636-F508-442B-8E78-2C4063FA0941.jpeg

On 11/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, darksage94 said:
This is 5 days after my first tattoo, just line work and am due back for shading in a few weeks. After removing the tegaderm and washing I started to get concerned and turned to Google… obviously I’m freaked out, but should I be? I’m having full blown panic attacks

Tattoos do not heal in five days. It is far too soon to tell. Just let it heal and quit worrying.

If you are going to obsess over stuff like this, please do not get anymore tattoos.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, Hogrider said:

Relax. Tattoos take 4-8 weeks to heal so you won't know until then. And if it is a blow out, there's nothing you can do anyway!

What’s concerning is that I went to reddit with it and basically was told line work was awful and that I need to go somewhere else.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:18 PM, darksage94 said:

What’s concerning is that I went to reddit with it and basically was told line work was awful and that I need to go somewhere else.

That’s a different question. I agree, that’s pretty bad.I wouldn’t let them work on me again. Didn’t you see examples of their work before you went to them?

On 11/1/2021 at 11:41 PM, Hogrider said:

That’s a different question. I agree, that’s pretty bad.I wouldn’t let them work on me again. Didn’t you see examples of their work before you went to them?

Well yeah, I didn’t think their work was bad. It’s my first tattoo, I’m not an expert. I had friends and family who had decent pieces by them, so there was some inherent trust. As confirmed here (with different eyes) I’m researching removal. The amount of negative feedback is too great not to.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, darksage94 said:

Well yeah, I didn’t think their work was bad. It’s my first tattoo, I’m not an expert. I had friends and family who had decent pieces by them, so there was some inherent trust. As confirmed here (with different eyes) I’m researching removal. The amount of negative feedback is too great not to.

This is why it pays to do your research BEFORE you get your tattoo. If you don't know what makes a good (or bad) tattoo, it doesn't matter how much research you do.

I'd find someone who is good with coverups and see if they can fix it BEFORE you do anything else. I've seen a lot of tattoos made worse because people were in a hurry to get rid of them. Fixing a tattoo isn't quick, easy or cheap.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:11 AM, darksage94 said:

I’m aware, in the process of researching removal. I don’t think you can quite grasp the anguish and agony I feel. I had to take off of work due to mental health.

just know that "removal" is a long painful expensive process that does not "remove" ink 100%, and please, a bad tattoo is not the end of the world.

I have some good tattoos, some great tattoos, and some shitty ones, it's all part of the tattoo process, I love all my tattoos though.It's all parts of my life over the years that makes my body a road map of my experiences.

Edited by Dan