I just got my first tattoo and i feel extremely regret

DDSEE

I jus got my first ever tattoo on my left chest (almost full) last Monday, and i feel extremely regret after getting it, i feel it's too big and so odd on my chest

I am not sure if it's because of I am not used to it yet or other reason

ps: the tattoo is unfinished, still need to go back to the artist to finish it next week as she still has to do some detailed on the compass and shadowing overall, i am so hesitated to go back for finishing, keep searching the information about tattoo removal and i know it's not easy to remove such a big and dark tattoo 😞

I am very anxiety and depressed in the past few days and couldn't sleep and eat well 😞

pic.jpg

pictire.jpg

Edited by DDSEE

On 11/4/2021 at 8:58 PM, oboogie said:

Tattoo removal is not an eraser, and it is hugely expensive. You need to learn to live with it. It looks fine.

I'll give you the same advice I give to anyone who regrets their tattoo: Do not get any other tattoos. It is permanent. If you are unsure, NEVER get the tattoo.

i just simply not sure whether i am still not used to it since i have been watching clean body without a tattoo for 30 years and suddenly have 1 picture on my chest

can i ask for your personal opinion if the tattoo looks odd on me?

On 11/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, DDSEE said:

i just simply not sure whether i am still not used to it since i have been watching clean body without a tattoo for 30 years and suddenly have 1 picture on my chest

can i ask for your personal opinion if the tattoo looks odd on me?

It doesn't look odd. It looks good. It will fade and be more grey later (less black). You'll get used to it. You kinda have to. 

I was in my early twenties when I got my first tattoo, and it bugged me for a little while. Then I got used to it. Then, at 40, I started getting covered with tattoos. They are part of me. That tattoo is part of you now. Learn to love it. It looks good.

Do a search on tattoo regret. It's very common and usually goes away. I don't really understand it because I've never had it. I used to notice my tattoos all the time, now I hardly think about them. I'd feel very weird if they were somehow to all be removed.

As @oboogie pointed out, laser removal isn't a magic bullet. It will never look the same again.

Edited by Hogrider

I got my first tattoo when I was 34. I had wanted to get a tattoo forever, but I felt really, really awful after I got it. I barely ate and I put on long sleeves (in the summer) so that I wouldn't see it. But I got used to it and it's just a part of me now. And I got four more after that and am planning another in December. I think it's just a big mental shift that you need to process, but you will and the tattoo will start to feel more and more like it belongs there.

Thank you for all the comment to me, i feel much better now (i guess?).

@oboogie thanks for your reassurance and it really helps me to overcome my post tattoo blue!

@Maynard haha I won't get any more tattoo, at least at this point of time 🙂

@Hogrider I hope i can get used to to my tattoo soon!

@Moreismore How long did you take to get used to it? the whole summer? yes you are right that i think i am just in the process of going through big mental shift, hopefully i will feel more and more like it per you said! 

I think what i have to do now is don't be shy to always cover up my tattoo like what i did in the past week, wear single like before to build up my confidence and of course stop searching all the youtube video, blog, clinic page about the tattoo removal and try to get back to my usual life.

p/s: sorry for my poor english as i am not a native english speaker 🙂

I guess it's time for you to find some direction! (it's a bad pun based on the subject of your tattoo). Agreed with all advice here... you're going to have to get used to it and I hope you grow to love it. It's a huge change to your physical self which impacts your mental and spiritual self as well. It'll all balance out, after this little shake up.

Part of that balance might be to get something on the other side of your chest, perhaps? then maybe get a couple half sleeves to connect and BOOM.. maybe you start to feel more in balance. I don't think it looks odd. The tattoo is well done!

On 11/5/2021 at 6:10 AM, DDSEE said:

Thank you for all the comment to me, i feel much better now (i guess?).

@oboogie thanks for your reassurance and it really helps me to overcome my post tattoo blue!

@Maynard haha I won't get any more tattoo, at least at this point of time 🙂

@Hogrider I hope i can get used to to my tattoo soon!

@Moreismore How long did you take to get used to it? the whole summer? yes you are right that i think i am just in the process of going through big mental shift, hopefully i will feel more and more like it per you said! 

I think what i have to do now is don't be shy to always cover up my tattoo like what i did in the past week, wear single like before to build up my confidence and of course stop searching all the youtube video, blog, clinic page about the tattoo removal and try to get back to my usual life.

p/s: sorry for my poor english as i am not a native english speaker 🙂

I'll be honest, it probably did take a few months to get fully used to it, but the really, really awful feeling only lasted a week or two. 

Edited by Moreismore

Thank you for all the advice guys! I am afraid I will not get any more tattoo in the near future, I will just take this as one of the life challenge to my life, hope I will grow to love and get used to it soon since it's actually part of me now! 🙂

There are so many other more important & meaningful things in my life, i shouldn't be affected by this little thing and it's not a bad work after all.