Iwar

Grew up on the Northeast part of town, but I'd be skating in the lower valley at carolinas skate park usually. I use to hang out around moontime pizza, close to downtown.

I went to school in the valley, Ysleta High. Grew up on the Eastside around the Lee Trevino area. The guys I hung out with were skaters but we didn't use the park much, just parking lots and such. I miss the desert sometimes. You ever go back?

I'm a little late finding this thread.

To Shawn, the self sufficient life style has always sounding interesting, and....honest?..not sure if that's the word I'm looking for but the closest I could think of at the moment. I've always wanted to give it a try, but I'm kind of afraid I would find out how much of a spoiled sissy I really am. :)

Dressing a deer before the sun comes up, getting attacked by mosquitos and rushing back to the camp to ice the carcass can be unfun.

Hunting in Alabama, having a boar in your sights and hearing the rattlesnake thats three feet from your foot start to rattled cause your dumb ass got a little too close can be unfun.

But knowing HOW to do it is fun.

• 3 weeks later...

My name is JP. I am a software consultant that travels globally. I am the only creatively challenged person in my family (family of artists) which to this day irritates me quite a bit. I enjoy collecting books, weapons and weird occult stuff. Metal (Cannibal Corpse, Bloodbath, Dark Throne, etc) is where my music tastes are greatest followed by classic piano. I truly enjoy cigars and craft beer but despise nosy people and politics (this mostly includes "office" politics). I hope to retire at 40 and build one-off race cars for the rest of my life.

• 1 year later...

My name is David. Born in a city just east of Houston, Texas. I will be 30 in 2 weeks. I moved up to Austin in '93 with my family. Got my first tattoo (two) the day after my 18th birthday at Diamond Glen's Rivercity Tattoo. Third tattoo the 3rd day after my 18th birthday and 5 tattoos by the time i graduted high school. I apprenticed at a tattoo shop that was a paid apprenticeship by Notorious Ed in 2002. I did not finish there but tattooing homeless people on Tuesday for free with very interesting. Worked as a body shop estimator for 7 years. Worked at Mom's Tattoos down the street from Rock of Ages. The owner (Deb) was teaching me and another guy to tattoo back in 2006-2007.

Meet my wife. Married in 2010. Going to school now at University of Texas.

Never noticed this thread before... just read through all of it. I'm Janet and I'm 43. I grew up in small town Connecticut, then moved to Boston for 11 years where I majored in acting, moved around the city a lot, worked many places--the longest run was at a billiard club, and sang in a fun 50s girl-group/rockabilly type band. Then I moved to Los Angeles and I've been here going on 14 years. I teach kindergarten in the inner city. Went back to school to get my master's in education a few years ago. I am into music, esp punk/indie/rock... QOTSA is a good example of a favorite band although David Bowie is my all time favorite (pre-80s). I love animals --don't eat meat or buy anything leather, and I get a lot out of Bikram yoga. My husband ( @DJDeepFried) and I have been together 10 years, married for 5 1/2, and we have an awesome 4 1/2 year old daughter & 2 cats. I can be cynical and skeptical but I'm also positive, open-minded, enthusiastic, and sporadically silly. Whew, that's a lot to sum up in 1 post.

Here's a pic of me I recently found from my younger punk rock days (~'86):

I am a grade 8 teacher ( for 24 years), am 45 years old, 3 kids, have 2 tattoos so far, working on third. 7 piercings. Married for 24 years.

In my free time, i work with rescued animals. Love horses ( owned 5 now downsized), 2 dogs, cat. And yes works with Peta every chance i get; please dont attack me on this.... People have a tendency to do that a lot lol. I am vegan, and currently am working on a cookbook for carnivores who would like to give vegan food a try!!! I do curse a lot.... But not here. I am a good girl here...lmao

I never saw this thread before.

Currently live in Brisbane, Aus but grew up in a small town about 3 hours away with a population around 5000. I have a partner ("boyfriend" just doesn't sound right) of 5 years, and two awesome housemates who live with us in a big old Queenslander.

After highschool I studied and did some work as a photographer for a couple of years, but weddings and kid portraits (your "bread and butter" as a photographer who's starting out) were getting me down. Always liked the event/music stuff, though, which I'm getting back into just recently.

For the last 3 years I've been working on a Fine Art degree, learning a lot about web design/dev (fun) and graphic/print (less fun). I started out thinking I'd get into web design because it's a more "realistic" decision, but some of my arty subjects have just cemented in my mind how much I need to be working with my hands. Over the past year, tattooing has become less of a vague distant ambition and more of a cemented goal *dons flamesuit*. I also work part time in a call centre (inbound, I don't have to call and harass people), which is monotonous but cruisey and helps make ends meet.

I have a couple of chronic illnesses which can make things difficult, but I avoid letting them define me. I like gaming, crafting, talking politics and veganising non-vegan recipes. That just about sums it up.

I never saw this thread before.

Currently live in Brisbane, Aus but grew up in a small town about 3 hours away with a population around 5000. I have a partner ("boyfriend" just doesn't sound right) of 5 years, and two awesome housemates who live with us in a big old Queenslander.

After highschool I studied and did some work as a photographer for a couple of years, but weddings and kid portraits (your "bread and butter" as a photographer who's starting out) were getting me down. Always liked the event/music stuff, though, which I'm getting back into just recently.

For the last 3 years I've been working on a Fine Art degree, learning a lot about web design/dev (fun) and graphic/print (less fun). I started out thinking I'd get into web design because it's a more "realistic" decision, but some of my arty subjects have just cemented in my mind how much I need to be working with my hands. Over the past year, tattooing has become less of a vague distant ambition and more of a cemented goal *dons flamesuit*. I also work part time in a call centre (inbound, I don't have to call and harass people), which is monotonous but cruisey and helps make ends meet.

I have a couple of chronic illnesses which can make things difficult, but I avoid letting them define me. I like gaming, crafting, talking politics and veganising non-vegan recipes. That just about sums it up.

I give you respect for doing web dev work. Personally I just pull my hair out trying to deal with clients, hence the reason I got out of it as fast as I possibly could. I'm not a real "people person".

I give you respect for doing web dev work. Personally I just pull my hair out trying to deal with clients, hence the reason I got out of it as fast as I possibly could. I'm not a real "people person".

Haha, I think it's probably the same in most lines of work - customers will always want something that's either impossible or horrendous.

Okay...

I'm elderly. 58, born and raised in Chicago, specifically on the South Side and later, the collar suburbs. Left home at 13, was put into a "youth home" at 15, got out and roamed the country and points south at just shy of 18. Before I was 21 I had lived or spent hunks of time in Mexico, Columbia, el-Lay, and some other garden spots.

Trained as a machinist, and worked in shops for many years, now I sell machine equipment made in Germany, to customers from Brazil to Thailand.

Got my first real motorsickle when I was 10, a Sears Allstate 49 cc. My next one was a 1947 Knucklehead that I bought as a collection of parts in a basket and made into a chopper...that was when I was 18. Wrecked it and myself shortly after, and didn't ride again until I bought a Shovelhead in 1977...still got that one, but I don't ride anywhere near as much as I used to did-arthritis and kids and all of that. Anyhow, I rebuild and restore old Harleys on occasion to relax myself.

Started putting on my own tattoos when I was what, I think maybe 13, something like that, and spent a good amount of time at CTC watching Cliff Raven and Dale Grande work, and then getting my homemade stuff covered. I have a few tattoos now, but I'm afraid I'm not a general collector-I've gotten all my work form people working at CTC. Dale, Miles Maniaci, Nick Collela, and onoe by Mark Miller.

Other than that, I've been into martial arts since I started taking Jiu-Jitsu at the local Y when I was 8. I've boxed for the Chicago Park District, and studied a variety of different arts. I was involved with the same federation of schools for about 25 years, studying and teaching a mixture of arts. Still own my own school, and teach classes 3 nights a week. Keeps me from getting too old.

That's about it, pretty boring. I listen to mostly the blues, some of what is now called "classic rock", Hendrix, the Doors, like that, and actually saw most of the name bands of the 60's and 70's play. But my heart is with the blues. What I grew up listening to...kinda schizophrenic on that, actually, listened to a lot of old hillbilly music as a kid, and still do. Not 'country", but hillbilly and rockabilly. Merle Haggard, Jim Reeves, Jack Scott, all that type of thing. Then when I left the house, it was Muddy Waters, Junior Wells, Otis Rush, and Howlin'Wolf. I've sat and had drinks with most of them over the years, back before they were all famous and like that.

So now I'm elderly, but I sure can't relate to it. Yeah, arthritis and shit, but hey-basically I'm just a couple of 16 year-olds with a 26 year-old built in for a chaperone. Still getting tattoo'ed, still trying to live life-and largely succeeding. Got divorced a few years ago after being married 35 years, and am now with a Lady that shares my life, my home, and my heart. Have 6 kids to keep me on my toes, from 14 to 25, and an 8 year-old granddaughter that is truly a pain in my, er, that I love dearly.

That is all.

I'm Rob, age 57 from Long Island, NY. Married for 29 years, have 2 boys age 24 & 20, have 1 cat age 4. Former auto mechanic turned machinist, got a few Engineering degrees and work as a tool designer for a large company and still dabble in machined parts on the side. Former local stock car builder and driver for a few years back in the 1980s. Current hobbies are model car building, gardening and weight lifting.

Got my 1st tattoo at age 22, that has been covered up 2X.... added a few more and took a break from 1982 to 2004. Since then, went from 5 tattoos to 11, had some old work done over/covered up and new work from scratch. Always have the next 3 tattoos planned out and constantly looking for new ideas.

33, Born in and live in Eastern PA. Started getting tattooed in 1995, became friends with several shop owners / artists / piercers and from 1995-1997 owned / operated / manufactured acrylic body jewelry. I've worked as a photographer in the EDM industry, custom motorcycle & fab shop, network admin and help run a successful multi-line showroom in the fashion industry in NYC. For the last year I've been independently employed doing web design, business consulting, social media coaching / ghosting and photography. Earlier this a long time friend and I started to do the research and put a business plan together to start a laser tattoo removal business, as we see a hole in our area for a quality shop and a desire from many people to have them done. We opened shop about 5 weeks ago.

I still do a lot of photography, sadly not enough for "me" though. Throwing up the NSFW info now, as I do shoot nudes, but my work can be seen at Mike Panic | Photograpy | Web Design | Social Media | Content Creation. I'm also a somewhat avid foodie (aka fat fuck / fat bastard crew) and my exploits can often be seen on instagram (mikepanic) or via the site I have which is powered by my insta-feed, Crispy Hundos -

I feel fortunate enough that a lot of my friends are small business owners, I've been able to help them grow their business and in turn they are helping me. Surrounding myself with like-minded people is extremely important to me.

Aside from long walks on the beach under moonlight and candle lit dinners, also enjoy cycling (road and mountain), hiking, snowboarding, watching my dog act a fool and general schananagens.

I've also been straight edge for 20 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'll take a turn at this, name's nate, but i've been called everything under the sun. I've been told by my friends im the biggest ninja they know. Grew up in bfe missouri, left home at 17. bounced around till i ended up outside of kcmo, where i joined the navy. spent my time there, did a deployment, came back home to bfe to drive truck over the road. quit that to have more home time, and started working as a cnc machine operator. moved on to working as a corrections officer in a private holding facility. Then back to driving truck, this time for a road construction company. decided after getting laid off for the winter to pursue an apprenticeship, which i was lucky enough to get the same month. traveled to panama city area in florida for spring break and worked as at the front desk overnites for a motel on the strip. came back to kc to finish up my apprenticeship and started working as a tattoo artist in kc. moved outside of kc about 50 miles on the promise of better work during the slow season which didnt pan out. Now im working in a new shop outside of des moines, hoping to turn this into one hell of a classy shop that i can make a living at. also hoping to meet new friends/artists, and new clients if possible while im at it.

Just saw this thread, i'll give it a whirl.

My name is Dave, i'm 46, born and lived always in NYC.

Spent the 80's as a metalhead (so much hair, thank you Stiff Stuff) and spent most of my time at concerts clubs, and getting stoned in various back alleys and parks. :p

Got married in '90, had our one kid in '92. We have 5 cats and a Shepherd/Dobie mix dog.

For a living i manage paper, printing and budgeting of both, for a large marketing company. I read alot, play guitar badly, am into ancient Egyptian everything, and a huge hockey fan.

Got my first tattoo at 15, but it was a sewing needle and testors ink scratch job while we were wasted. It's 99% gone now. I'd always wanted to get a real one, but life happened and i guess i forgot about it, till a few years ago. Once i'd gotten one, i caught the bug and i'm working on my 6th now.

Now i'm just trying to age gracefully and still be a metalhead. \m/

Spent the 80's as a metalhead (so much hair, thank you Stiff Stuff) and spent most of my time at concerts clubs, and getting stoned in various back alleys and parks. :p

Got married in '90, had our one kid in '92. We have 5 cats and a Shepherd/Dobie mix dog.

For a living i manage paper, printing and budgeting of both, for a large marketing company. I read alot, play guitar badly, am into ancient Egyptian everything, and a huge hockey fan.

Got my first tattoo at 15, but it was a sewing needle and testors ink scratch job while we were wasted. It's 99% gone now. I'd always wanted to get a real one, but life happened and i guess i forgot about it, till a few years ago. Once i'd gotten one, i caught the bug and i'm working on my 6th now.

You might enjoy this thread...http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/random-crap/2040-any-metalheads-out-there.html

- - - Updated - - -

You might enjoy this thread...http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/random-crap/2040-any-metalheads-out-there.html