Iwar

I normally wouldn't respond to something like this but what the hell. Considering how cool the two people I've met from here so far are (MsRad and Hogg), I figure why not?

I'm Jake (obviously), 23 years of age, and into most forms of art. I used to play in that one band, and then those other bands, and now I play in a whole different band. There's always a bunch of shows I want to go to but due to working 5 nights a week rarely make it out to. I live in glorious Oakland with my girlfriend, fellow LSTer Lochlan, and our two 20+lb polydactyl cats. We eat a lot of good home cooked food (and are rapidly approaching home grown summer foods time too. thanks Tammy and Steve!)

I ride my bicycle everywhere but I'm neither one of those douchy hipster bikers nor the spandex weekend warrior bikers. I'm just too poor to fix and maintain the '55 Ford I bought off of Lochlan. I'm getting my motorcycle license in 2 weeks though!

I read a shit ton and fully support Kev's book thread idea. The last few books I read were Grapes of Wrath, Infinite Jest, Hamlet, and Lila (Pirsig's follow-up to Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.)

See y'all around the board!

Well, I'm 30 and I live in Dublin with my girlfriend. Originally I'm from the country but I came to Dublin when I was 17 to go to university to do an undergrad in history of art and architecture. It was a bit of a nonsense decision to study it - arts and crafts was my best subject and I wanted to study that ... My parents wanted me to take something more 'sensible'. So we compromised on a history of art degree (yeah, I'm not sure they realised that was possibly even less useful). Spent some time working in bars and nightclubs when I was studying and I realised that I wasn't really cut out for a 9-to-5 job, and that I liked working at night and dealing with the occasional weird and wonderful incident.

...So I joined our national police service. I'm about 8 years in now, 22 to go.

I started collecting tattoos when I was 21, living in New York City for the summer. It was a pretty crappy tribal band that has kind of been subsumed by a japanese half sleeve and that hopefully I will get around to properly covering up sometime. After that I saw an interview with Mo Coppoletta in London and started travelling back and forth to be tattooed by him in London over the next few years, gradually adding coverage. I guess tattooos are a kind of family thing - but funnily enough they skipped a generation in my dad. My grand-dad was tattooed (military days) and my great-uncle likewise (old school sailor).

Mostly I spend my time working and in my down-time I do a fair bit of training (I like weightlifting, fairly rough and ready physical conditioning, some boxing, some brazilian jiu jitsu etc) and I really love craft beers.

i come in and out of here when i can :)

right now i cant get to sleep!

i live and work just outside of toronto in markham. i have my own little shop where i tattoo and my wife makes teas. its not a street shop, its not on the main drag, there is no flash on the walls to choose from, i only work by hour and never give quotes, my shop walls are not blood red, there is no front counter with staff stuck on a computer and i rarely take walk-ins. i do things my own way by taking out what i or my clients have found stressful in past tattoo experiences and created a tattoo environment that is much more relaxed! at least i think so ;)

i have a beautiful daughter that turns 5 in a couple of months. she sharpens pencils for 5 dollars and hands out business cards whenever shes in the store.

ive had this shop for 2 years, tattooing for 17... my family and i love camping. 2 weeks away from the city, just us, reminds us of what is real and what really matters in life. family is the most important thing. family made me a better man. :)

I ran from it, like most kids do. Moved to Philadelphia cause I wanted a faster paced life. It was the right choice, and I was lucky that my brother followed me up there, and eventually so did my folks. Now we've got a second place in New Jersey- town called Hammonton that is known for it's blueberry crops. Couple of acres but a spot with good fishing, a few miles from decent hunting and plenty of fertile soil on the property for a nice big garden.... It's great. Really helping me reconnect with my Dad and how he raised us.

I've been to Hammonton before.My brother used to own a dessert truck,and we used to do italian festivals around Jersey.Have you been to that red barn on 206 where that lady makes pies,and cakes?

We have a famous bridge that say's Trenton Makes The World Takes.I don't know what they mean by that,but I'll tell you Trenton does make some of the nastiest hookers on the east coast.

First things first, Names Liz, 23 grew up in Bucks Co, Pa (20 mins north of philly) right across the river from Trenton, literally I crossed that bridge a lot, still do every once in a while. I'm a full time EMT (hence a lot of those medical replies of mine). I'm also a volly Fire Fighter, however now currently in Newtown (still bucks county) I spend my days hiking and frolicking about the woods all over the area and at night draw tattoos, for my friends, creep on here while playing COD.... or sitting at work contemplating what new shenanigans to cause. My first tattoo was when I was 18 and even though I hid it from my mom for 2 weeks she wasn't mad and pretty much figured I'd get one since I was little. My current gallery of ink is compromised of two half sleeves (mostly finished aside from underneath of my arms.) a back piece I plan on getting lazered and covered up, my t-rex leg piece and my wrists. I'll be finishing my right arm that's still in progress and then put my ink collection on hold until I get through the Police academy.

To answer your thing about the "Trenton makes the world takes" it has to do with the area back in the 19th century. If you cross the bridge over to the pa side, and go down past morrisville you arrive at the Steel Mill, still in active use just not as used as much it was. Big on industry Trenton adopted the slogan way back and it stuck :) Trenton was big in making rubber, ceramics and cigars. It was shipped out at the port in the mill...Ok so I may be a slight history buff too :p

Hey Liz,i was just trying to be funny concerning the Trenton Makes Bridge..I was a class clown in school,and still act like one.I new it had something to do with rubber.I do some light hiking myself.Just bought a book called 50 hikes in NJ.Who's doing your tattoos?

I ran from it, like most kids do. Moved to Philadelphia cause I wanted a faster paced life. It was the right choice, and I was lucky that my brother followed me up there, and eventually so did my folks. Now we've got a second place in New Jersey- town called Hammonton that is known for it's blueberry crops. Couple of acres but a spot with good fishing, a few miles from decent hunting and plenty of fertile soil on the property for a nice big garden.... It's great. Really helping me reconnect with my Dad and how he raised us.

I've been to Hammonton before.My brother used to own a dessert truck,and we used to do italian festivals around Jersey.Have you been to that red barn on 206 where that lady makes pies,and cakes?

Hmm. Farmer's Daughter?

Ok fine. My name is Pat, I'm 28, from Maryland and am currently working as a copywriter in New York. I've done a fair share of tattoo-related writing and, after a self-imposed hiatus have returned to find that I never should have returned to it and should've stuck with my own advice of letting the tattoo be the truest experience I have in relation to tattoos.

I'm getting married in November and eventually would like to move out to the country, mostly because I'm worried I will end up in an institution with a diagnosis of acute agoraphobia and general shitty attitude. I dislike flying, sweating, puffy toilet paper, loudmouths, rudeness, and the breed of Manhattan gentry that are completely clueless and throw money around because they want people to see them throwing money around. I enjoy cool mornings, fishing, exercising when I'm in the mood for it, learning when I'm interested in the subject, traveling (disliking flying hasn't stopped me yet..), especially road trips, Cormac McCarthy's westerns, crime fiction/pulp novels, beer, whiskey -- especially single malt scotches, -- having time to myself, and, of course, tattoos.

I enjoy LST much more than I thought I would, especially since I tend to be cynical about computer/internet/technology/people in general. So thank you for that. I've been able to get some fantastic tattoos through LST and am surprised I've made some 'friends'. Smiley face. Or, winking smiley face.

My name is Nick,I'm 29 years old. I grew up outside NYC in a small town called Nyack, Ny. I lived in Brooklyn for about 5 years playing in bands and whatnot before packing up and moving to the west coast with my now wife. I lived in SF for just over 4 years and now reside in LA. I work in the restaurant industry as a bartender, w/ plans of opening my own establishment in the near future... I'm obsessed with tattoos obviously, but also vintage guitars and amps, and comic books of all kinds.

I've been to Nyack!

Hi!

My name is Robin. swedish dude living in Oslo,Norway.. 29 years old.. played in a band before(bands are like assholes.. everybodys got one..) travels alot.. got hooked on tattoos 5 years ago and been obsessed ever since.. LOVES black metal,beer,Jameson,Elliott Smith,vintage T-shirts,80s electrobands, tattooed girls in knee high AA sox.

HATES wars (except star wars) Religion and Lurmusar.

as Petri said

Hail SATAN!!

Hi!

My name is Robin. swedish dude living in Oslo,Norway.. 29 years old.. played in a band before(bands are like assholes.. everybodys got one..) travels alot.. got hooked on tattoos 5 years ago and been obsessed ever since.. LOVES black metal,beer,Jameson,Elliott Smith,vintage T-shirts,80s electrobands, tattooed girls in knee high AA sox.

HATES wars (except star wars) Religion and Lurmusar.

as Petri said

Hail SATAN!!

does this mean that i get labeled as girl Robin again?