Iwar

i have greatly enjoyed reading about everyone in this thread!

so here goes my mini bio. my name is Alanna C. Alves in 23 and i live in downtown Toronto Ontario by the lake! i'm a dessert chef for Live organic foods in Toronto fullfilling all their raw and vegan dessert needs. I make awesome wedding cakes from home on the side and slowly i get better and better! besides baking i also love cooking for my friends and family. i come from a very large Portuguese/ italian family and i was raised in the christain baptist church. i recently left church behind because i hated how judgemental the people around me where and i believe in a more progressive outlook on life. I have a portuguese water dog named Avelan (in portugese the word avela means hazelnut). In my spare time i train with avelan in agility, go to fitness bootcamp or just go running, babysit my friends two lovely boys ( i love taking care of kids, i just dont know if i want any of my own, is that weird?), walk and rollerblade.... a lot. im quiet and shy and i usually always have a smile on my face and i get really excited about the smallest things, hahaha. i started getting tattooed Aug 2010 and getting tattooed has helped me to loose more then 50lbs to date as i dont let myself get a new tattoo unless i've reached some personal goal, over the year ive come to so many new realizations and changed my thinking in so many ways and hopefully become a better person! i love this forum and the people on it have taught me so much! i could go on but i'll stop there!

My name is Tick. I should probably specify that I am a girl (because I think the name would lead most people to think otherwise through the impersonal relation of typing). I'm 30. I'm boring. I'm shy. I'm technologically challenged (mostly due to my disinterest in technology). I believe in honesty and integrity over all else. I was born, raised, and currently reside in Las Cruces, NM. I have no real interest in living elsewhere, as my home is my sanctuary, and the chihuahuan desert breeds a certain lifestyle and person that I thoroughly enjoy. My family lives scattered about, and I have traveled since I could run. I feel the most comfortable in areas of poverty. I backpack, but never feel like I get to spend enough time doing it. I ride my bicycle, probably because it is bred into me. I paint, because I need to.

I tattoo, because it is the most challenging and rewarding thing I could ever do. It gave me purpose, drive, patience, and security. I used to play in punk rock bands (for like 12 years) but then I got jaded. I spend much time by myself, because after work I'm all socialed out.

This is the first forum I have ever paid any attention to, and that is just to fill those moments of boredom.....

rock and roll.

My name is Tick. I should probably specify that I am a girl (because I think the name would lead most people to think otherwise through the impersonal relation of typing). I'm 30. I'm boring. I'm shy. I'm technologically challenged (mostly due to my disinterest in technology). I believe in honesty and integrity over all else. I was born, raised, and currently reside in Las Cruces, NM. I have no real interest in living elsewhere, as my home is my sanctuary, and the chihuahuan desert breeds a certain lifestyle and person that I thoroughly enjoy. My family lives scattered about, and I have traveled since I could run. I feel the most comfortable in areas of poverty. I backpack, but never feel like I get to spend enough time doing it. I ride my bicycle, probably because it is bred into me. I paint, because I need to.

I tattoo, because it is the most challenging and rewarding thing I could ever do. It gave me purpose, drive, patience, and security. I used to play in punk rock bands (for like 12 years) but then I got jaded. I spend much time by myself, because after work I'm all socialed out.

This is the first forum I have ever paid any attention to, and that is just to fill those moments of boredom.....

rock and roll.

my friend and i just watched a documentary on the really horrible shooting that happened in Las Cruces, NM in the bowling alley in the 90's. what a devestating and horrible thing that happened to those people. :(

yeah, I was in elementary school when that happened. I remembered them getting us all together to "talk" about it. Any murder is horrible, but I think because of the little girls involved, people find this crime to really stand out. Especially, with the little girl who had been shot in the head making a 911 call. They never did catch the guys involved (and truthfully I don't think they ever really came close to having any suspects). The two police sketchs were up all over town for years.

execution style murder is nothing new in the area though. Lots of cartel connections running through the area.

Hello, my name is John, people call me JB, I'm from Roanoke VA. I'm 34 years old and have been getting tattooed for 15 years... I'm an IT admin at a small private school. I'm also HFA (high functioning autistic) so I walk about with a blank face and dont really socialize outside of the tattoo world, where strangely I've become comfortable, probably because I've felt accepted. I bike alot on an old modded Trek 700 and am really into ancient astronaut theory and esoteric history. Aside from that, I have a wife (who has superior tattoos), 5 cats, and watch alot of bollywood and play too many video games.

bonus pic:

burger.jpg

i have greatly enjoyed reading about everyone in this thread!

so here goes my mini bio. my name is Alanna C. Alves in 23 and i live in downtown Toronto Ontario by the lake! i'm a dessert chef for Live organic foods in Toronto fullfilling all their raw and vegan dessert needs. I make awesome wedding cakes from home on the side and slowly i get better and better! besides baking i also love cooking for my friends and family. i come from a very large Portuguese/ italian family and i was raised in the christain baptist church. i recently left church behind because i hated how judgemental the people around me where and i believe in a more progressive outlook on life. I have a portuguese water dog named Avelan (in portugese the word avela means hazelnut). In my spare time i train with avelan in agility, go to fitness bootcamp or just go running, babysit my friends two lovely boys ( i love taking care of kids, i just dont know if i want any of my own, is that weird?), walk and rollerblade.... a lot. im quiet and shy and i usually always have a smile on my face and i get really excited about the smallest things, hahaha. i started getting tattooed Aug 2010 and getting tattooed has helped me to loose more then 50lbs to date as i dont let myself get a new tattoo unless i've reached some personal goal, over the year ive come to so many new realizations and changed my thinking in so many ways and hopefully become a better person! i love this forum and the people on it have taught me so much! i could go on but i'll stop there!

I should try to do what you do,and lose weight before i get a new tattoo.It seems like i just keep on growing.I was probably 225lbs when i first started,now i'm about 310lbs.

I'm half Italian too,and for me it's hard to stay away from sweet's,especially the holy cannoli.

rock and roll.

Hey Tick,you do some really nice work..I believe i had you as a friend on myspace..But who uses that anymore..I just met a girl here in Jersey,at a farmers market who had some work done at your shop.I think she said Evan did it.

Well I must say I have enjoyed this thread. So guess its my turn.

My name is Jonathan Rockel. I am 32 years old and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am a plumber by trade with my local union.

I live out in the country as I can't stand having a neighbors roof overhanging my own, that and it would be hard to keep my 2 horses in the back yard LOL. I have a little 9 and a half year old teacup Maltese who is only 5 pounds of pure fun.

I got my first tattoo back when I was 19 and I have been slowly over the years getting more. The long gaps are only due to not making that much money or other priorities. I have big plans for more but I am going to have my sleeve finished first before I have a new one started. As AlannaCA had said that she has set goals for herself before she can get another tattoo, I have been doing the same now for the past 3 years.

I love having a project to do, whether its fixing something around the house or building something.

I have the most amazing wife in the world!! who I have been with for almost 11 years now. We both love tattoos and the art involved. We are both involved with our local classic car club. We currently cruise in our '79 Ford Thunderbird heritage edition. Its basically stock except for rims, tires and exhaust.

I love to treat others as I wish to be treated, Kindness goes a whole lot further, giving others a sense of hope for humanity.

Hey Tick,you do some really nice work..I believe i had you as a friend on myspace..But who uses that anymore..I just met a girl here in Jersey,at a farmers market who had some work done at your shop.I think she said Evan did it.

Awesome! Small fucking world. I'm on the facebook now (Tick Tattoosatblackrattattoo | Facebook), and you would be referring to mr Evan Rhodes who works at my shop. Damn fine tattooer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late finding this thread.

I'm Dee; I'm 27 and I grew up in in Texas. I lived in El Paso TX, moved to McAllen TX when I was 15, then back to El Paso after I finished high school. Got a little crazy, lived the punk rock life style for a few years but eventually realized it wouldn't end well. I moved to Tennessee to start over. I’ve worked all sorts of jobs over the years, then found my current job with a good company and started to try and settle myself to an average life of a cubicle job. Met the man I eventually married, tried going back to college for awhile and volunteered on my off time. I've been fascinated with tattoo for as long as I can remember; especially tribal tattoos from all around the world. It was a chance encounter and an off the cuff comment that put the idea of being a tattoo artist in my head. But once there it wouldn't leave. In my family art was a hobby, the thought of being An Artist had never seriously crossed my mind, because it wasn't something "real" people were suppose to do (dumb, I know). I discussed the reality of an apprenticeship and making a living as a tattoo artist with my husband and then decided to go for it. So now I'm balancing an office job by day then rushing over the shop to work till close, then at the shop all weekend. I hardly ever have free time and sometime things can get very damn stressful, but I've never been happier. That the hubby is backing me 100% and my friends are understanding is a huge help.

When I do have time I play xbox, cook, go indoor rock climbing, skating, on bike rides and Zumba.

I'm on facebook, twitter and xbox, more than happy to add to my circle of friends on any of those. :)

To Ivar, you're right about this site being different. I love it and this was a great idea.

To Thomas, what part of El Paso?

To Shawn, the self sufficient life style has always sounding interesting, and....honest?..not sure if that's the word I'm looking for but the closest I could think of at the moment. I've always wanted to give it a try, but I'm kind of afraid I would find out how much of a spoiled sissy I really am. :)

I'm a little late finding this thread.

I'm Dee; I'm 27 and I grew up in in Texas. I lived in El Paso TX, moved to McAllen TX when I was 15, then back to El Paso after I finished high school. Got a little crazy, lived the punk rock life style for a few years but eventually realized it wouldn't end well. I moved to Tennessee to start over. I’ve worked all sorts of jobs over the years, then found my current job with a good company and started to try and settle myself to an average life of a cubicle job. Met the man I eventually married, tried going back to college for awhile and volunteered on my off time. I've been fascinated with tattoo for as long as I can remember; especially tribal tattoos from all around the world. It was a chance encounter and an off the cuff comment that put the idea of being a tattoo artist in my head. But once there it wouldn't leave. In my family art was a hobby, the thought of being An Artist had never seriously crossed my mind, because it wasn't something "real" people were suppose to do (dumb, I know). I discussed the reality of an apprenticeship and making a living as a tattoo artist with my husband and then decided to go for it. So now I'm balancing an office job by day then rushing over the shop to work till close, then at the shop all weekend. I hardly ever have free time and sometime things can get very damn stressful, but I've never been happier. That the hubby is backing me 100% and my friends are understanding is a huge help.

When I do have time I play xbox, cook, go indoor rock climbing, skating, on bike rides and Zumba.

I'm on facebook, twitter and xbox, more than happy to add to my circle of friends on any of those. :)

To Ivar, you're right about this site being different. I love it and this was a great idea.

To Thomas, what part of El Paso?

To Shawn, the self sufficient life style has always sounding interesting, and....honest?..not sure if that's the word I'm looking for but the closest I could think of at the moment. I've always wanted to give it a try, but I'm kind of afraid I would find out how much of a spoiled sissy I really am. :)

Grew up on the Northeast part of town, but I'd be skating in the lower valley at carolinas skate park usually. I use to hang out around moontime pizza, close to downtown.