how do you feel about tattoos from tv shows you like the images of but never watched?

i was considering getting a tattoo of a powerpuff girl. But unlike another tattoo of mine which is from a video game i played when i was younger, i have no personal connection to powerpuff girls. I never watched the show. i ike its art style though and thought itd be cool to get as a tattoo. 

What do you guys think about getting tattoos that you have no real special connection to, but like the image of? do any of you have such a tattoo? 

I suppose itd be like getting a bart simpson tattoo because you think it looks cool but you never watched the simpsons. 

On 11/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

i was considering getting a tattoo of a powerpuff girl. But unlike another tattoo of mine which is from a video game i played when i was younger, i have no personal connection to powerpuff girls. I never watched the show. i ike its art style though and thought itd be cool to get as a tattoo. 

What do you guys think about getting tattoos that you have no real special connection to, but like the image of? do any of you have such a tattoo? 

I suppose itd be like getting a bart simpson tattoo because you think it looks cool but you never watched the simpsons. 

99% of my tattoos have no special meaning or connection

On 11/24/2021 at 1:33 AM, Dan said:

99% of my tattoos have no special meaning or connection

I think that most of the whole “deep personal meaning” bullshit is a product of tattoo “reality” shows.

Most people I know just have tattoos they think are cool. I never hear these elaborate back stories about them.

Personally, I don't think I would get a tattoo if it didn't have any special meaning to me... but I acknowledge that many people (probably the vast majority of people) get tattooed just because they like some design, so I would say that the only thing you can do is talk to yourself and understand whether you are a "deep meaning tatto person" or not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 11:24 AM, danni5530 said:

My neighbor is a tattoo artist that had a bit of creativity block. I sent him to a friend who is a pretty well known artist in the USA. He gave my neighbor a link that works for the artist and the canvas. Makes it easier to find what you want. Take a look, its where I got some of my art work from. https://bit.ly/33nfp83

Nobody cares about your shit artwork or believes your bullshit story.