Newbie here

Nicole Poulin

Hello all :)

I have been interested in the art of tattooing since I was 16. I was lucky to be an apprentice at one point in my life, but my unhealthy relationship at the time did not allow me to get very far. I'm at a place in my life where I'm trying to reclaim that passion and get back in the saddle with drawing, and also open my own shop. I'm closing in on the tail-end of my time in college for my Business Management Associate's, and have been developing my shop plan. A year ago I wanted to graduate and work as a secretary in an office- but then I learned that in this day, doing what is expected as opposed to making a living out of your passion just doesn't feel right. I know I have a ways to go and will have to earn the respect of my future artists as a non-tattooing owner (my drawing skills are not yet to the degree where I feel comfortable picking up a machine), but the hard work will be worth it!