Opinions on first tattoo ideas?

diabeticwolf

Hi, I have a couple ideas for my first tattoo, but I want to get some opinions first.

Miami Corn Snake ribbon- the Miami Corn Snake is silver/grey and red, perfect colors to represent type 1 diabetes. I had an idea to have the snake shaped to look like a ribbon. The grey/silver is the diabetes ribbon, and red for blood.

Crocodile: this is the crocodile Steve Irwin would draw on some autographs and is present on the Croc One research boat. I have a link to a picture of the boat, so the drawing can be seen. Steve Irwin means a lot to me, he is my hero and inspiration. I want to honor him with a tattoo, and this came to mind. I may add "Crikey" behind the crocodile, since that was the phrase he was known for and would allow the design to make more sense. irwin5906_wideweb__470x373,0.jpg

Rattlesnake and rose- a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake coiled in the S-position around a rose. I associate rattlesnakes with my struggles with diabetes, because I dreamt I was bitten by one (twice) in two dreams I had right before I was diagnosed in 2008. I love snakes, so I am not sure why exactly I dreamt that, but oh well.

King Penguin- on my right hip, because I was bitten by one.

*I will get a wolf eventually, but I have to find the right person to do a realistic wolf.

I think your first tattoo is a decision you will kind of have to make on your own. Are you researching excellent tattooers in your area? If you take this list in when you book your appointment you could see which one he or she connects with most, or is most interested to do.

....Ok even though I said you should make the decision yourself I vote for rattlesnake and rose.

Hi, I have a couple ideas for my first tattoo, but I want to get some opinions first.

Miami Corn Snake ribbon- the Miami Corn Snake is silver/grey and red, perfect colors to represent type 1 diabetes. I had an idea to have the snake shaped to look like a ribbon. The grey/silver is the diabetes ribbon, and red for blood.

Crocodile: this is the crocodile Steve Irwin would draw on some autographs and is present on the Croc One research boat. I have a link to a picture of the boat, so the drawing can be seen. Steve Irwin means a lot to me, he is my hero and inspiration. I want to honor him with a tattoo, and this came to mind. I may add "Crikey" behind the crocodile, since that was the phrase he was known for and would allow the design to make more sense. irwin5906_wideweb__470x373,0.jpg

Rattlesnake and rose- a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake coiled in the S-position around a rose. I associate rattlesnakes with my struggles with diabetes, because I dreamt I was bitten by one (twice) in two dreams I had right before I was diagnosed in 2008. I love snakes, so I am not sure why exactly I dreamt that, but oh well.

King Penguin- on my right hip, because I was bitten by one.

*I will get a wolf eventually, but I have to find the right person to do a realistic wolf.

hi and welcome! :)

as shaun said - your first tattoo is a decision you should make on your own. i would go with something very personal, something that means a lot to you, something unique. that being said, i think the irwin's crocodile is a cool idea (i personally wouldn't add the "crickey" though).

see you around the forums! :)

I think your first tattoo is a decision you will kind of have to make on your own. Are you researching excellent tattooers in your area? If you take this list in when you book your appointment you could see which one he or she connects with most, or is most interested to do.

....Ok even though I said you should make the decision yourself I vote for rattlesnake and rose.

I'll second this advice. I think that your ideas will work as tattoos, and your next step should be to research artists and find one who does tattoos you really connect with. Browse the design sections of the forum, look at the tattoos people here are getting in the Latest Tattoo Lowdown thread, get on Instagram if you aren't already and start following tattooers to see what people are doing, and try to find an artist who, when you look at the tattoos they're doing, makes you think that you need to get tattooed by them.

And yeah, rattlesnake and rose is super cool. I have a tattoo of that myself.

@Shaun1105 Just wondering, why do you like the rattlesnake and rose idea?

And yeah, rattlesnake and rose is super cool. I have a tattoo of that myself.

Because, as Graeme says, it IS super cool! Snakes and roses make great tattoo imagery - I'm sure you can easily find a few dozen excellent examples either here on LST or in the portfolios of good artists. It's a combo that's been done before but your artist will put their own touch on it.

I guess mostly I picked snake and rose because that's the tattoo I would clearly choose of the three, but of course I don't have the connection to the others as you do.

Whichever you choose, be sure to let us see pics of it!