You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts

• I'd still call your doctor and ask their opinion.  I'm betting that they might advise against it, you know docs and liability.  But, if I were in the same position, really wanted it and was in good health, I'd probably go ahead and do it. My wife's an RN and I just asked her.  She said that she wouldn't think it would be a problem as long as you keep any appendectomy incision bandaged and clean your tattoo as recommended.
    • Hey everyone, I just had a laparoscopic appendectomy 8 days ago. Everything went well. There were no complications. Normally I wouldn't consider getting tattooed for awhile due to possible immune system problems. The thing is, one of my favorite artists is in town next weekend. He moved from Mass to Brooklyn and if I don't go see him next week I may have to wait a year or so before he's around again. I just want to get a small piece of Dan Higgs flash on my arm nowhere near the site of the surgery. Do you guys think this would be ok or am I putting myself in danger? I know people are going to say "ask your doctor" but I'd like the advice of people who actually have and know about tattoos. Thanks in advance. 
    • Hey @Decay You have a lovely new tattoo.  Tattooing isn't science, it's art and you can't set a clock by how long a tattoo will take. Your artist, who I assume you trust to tattoo you, will always give you a best guess. It may take longer; it may take less time.   You do realize how much goes into tattooing, right? Your artist has to come up with a design, a piece of art, from whatever concept you have in your head and translates that into a tattoo on your skin. There's design, drawing, and setup among other things that happen way before the needles hit your skin. If you feel like you are being ripped off over what you think is 30 minutes, you need to think long and hard if tattooing is for you. Enjoy the ride! Let go a little and you will have a better experience.  I have never seen a menu of prices and that concept will not serve you well on your tattoo journey. Where do you live where you haggle over everything? And I really hope that you tipped your artist. 
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics