New to LST

BtcArt

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I am from a tiny town in NC. I'm 31 and a little late to tattoos, even though I got my first when I was 18. I technically have 2 tattoos but I have gotten work from 5 different artists. I'm late to learning what tattoos can be. Ever since I was sparked by the work of Dave Tevenal and Myke Chambers I feel I want to know as much as I can about tattoos and it's history. I didn't know if I wanted to admit in this thread that I want to become a tattoo artist but I guess I just did. Though this is true and I do want to learn from this site and it's forums, what I want to learn is how to approach my dream with respect to the industry and learn its history. I am very open to harsh criticism about my ideas and misconceptions. I look forward to meeting you all in the forums. Thank you.

FAVORITE ARTISTS

Dave Tevenal

Myke Chambers

Filip Leu

David Bruehl

Jim Sylvia

Scott Christopher

James Tex

It goes on and on

Hi, welcome! Do you have plans for future tattoos? I think the best way to know if you want to tattoo or not is to get a whole metric fuckton of tattoos.

And honestly, there are too many tattooers right now and not enough money flowing around to make it worth it unless you are just a jaw droppingly badass artist. Which is fine! Glad you at least have good taste in tattooers. Hope you find the forum welcoming and helpful :)

(also, sign painting is not particularly cool or glamorous right now, but it is a great trade and a lucrative way to make art for a living)

Yes, I definitely have plans for more tattoos. I just stopped bouncing from shop to shop and now I know who I want to be tattooed by. I'm not concerned with money or glamour. I just want the opportunity to do something that I can love. Thanks for the welcoming, it is much appreciated.

An unsolicited word of advice from somebody who doesn't tattoo, but who works in an industry where people do it out of "love" and "passion" instead of money or glamour: you might want to do something that you love, but people make a living off of this. This is how they support themselves and their families, and diminishing those incomes isn't necessarily the best way to support and show a love for tattooing.