Canadian, eh

Merk

I've been told to do this, so I'm giving it a go.

I'm from a small eastern province in Canada and the reason why I'm here is cos I'm looking for something to express my feelings. Seeing as I can't sketch to save my life, or to sing to save someone elses life, I've found myself here.

I am thinking and considering of getting my first tattoo so I'm hoping to find some influences and people here to help me draw/sketch out my tattoo idea. So, if anyone is familiar with tree tattoos, please give me a shout.

I think most of the kind folks here will point you to reputable tattooers in your area. Decide what you like for subject matter and then decide on a good tattooer and you will be well on your way. Remember that a reputable and competent tattooer will help you turn your ideas into a tattooable design. You don't need to have a final design in hand when you go check out tattooers.

That will vary between tattooer and shops. Some charge a drawing fee and others don't. Often a drawing fee is a way of keeping them from wasting time on a drawing and then having the client bail out.

Edit: I saw you were thinking about a tree. Trees are really cool and work well as tattoos in most cases. I wanted to give you a heads up, that depending on the style of tree, some tattooers may prefer to draw it on your skin so that it fits the form of your body properly. Be open to that idea.

I've been looking at tree tattoo ideas for well over a year already but I still haven't physically visited a tattoo shop for their ideas and sketches. I've been thinking of a dead looking tree (like it was in a swamp for 150 years), dark branches, broken branches, dark bark, scattered roots/branches with one green leaf. The roots would slowly go around my wrist as they scatter.

Pretty much this: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting but in a larger scale and more in dept. Once again, with a green leaf somewhere in the tree.

I've been looking at tree tattoo ideas for well over a year already but I still haven't physically visited a tattoo shop for their ideas and sketches.

sounds like you know what the next step is!!! Get on that!!

Choose your shop wisely and you won't have a thing to worry about.

Which province are you in? PEI?

Jamie MacKay at Sacred Temple Tattoo in Frankville, Nova Scotia is awesome! I'm planning to move out to Newfoundland when I'm all said and done with my studies. Nothing beats the east coast! Woooo donairs!

Going to have to visit the east coast, some day. I grew up in Niagara Falls, NY and visited the Ontario side a lot but have wanted to see NS for a long time.

Sure love me some western Canada: BC, Alberta. Hope to visit the Yukon before long!